Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How is your project going?

A topic by CCadori created Jan 31, 2024 Views: 82 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 4

Hello fellow jammers,

How are your projects progressing? Are you close to finishing? Did you have to reduce the scope?

My game, The Plague of Shallow Waters, is almost ready, in fact, what remains now is to finish writing the chapters, which is taking much longer than I expected.

I had to reduce the number of interactions by almost half, but I believe it will still be fun!

This is a recent screenshot of it:

Submitted

i am looking forward to trying this out.

I left things pretty open in terms of the scope of my project.

Had some dental work done in the middle of the month that knocked me for six and put me out of action for about five days.

This means I've had to rescope and be quite Savage with cuts but I am enjoying the final sprint as things start to take shape.

Im glad im not the only one having to make harsh cuts to get across the finish line.

I look forward to submitting my entry, trying out the other submissions and getting some feedback.

Best of luck with your polishing and I look forward to playing.

Hi Secresteyn,

I hope you recover well!

I'm looking forward to testing your submission too

Submitted

I'll be honest, I'm pretty sick of working on mine XD It's my first 3D project and I've had to keep testing the same things over and over again. I'm glad I joined because I'm learning a lot but there's a lot I would do differently next time. I think better planning in the beginning would make a big difference because I've had to dump a lot of stuff I had planned. That's what jams are for though! Can't wait to try everyone else's projects =)

How sad! If I remember correctly, I tested your game, it looked quite promising.

But I understand, I've been through similar situations in other jams. So far I haven't finished this project yet, I caught COVID this week and delayed writing the game a lot 😅

Submitted(+1)

Oof sorry to hear that. Hope the symptoms pass you quickly

I surrender.

3 weeks is a solid amount of time, and by my best estimates, it would be just enough for my project. However, the first week went in vain as I suffered from insomnia issues (just a tiny amount of sleep missing renders my brain nonfunctional). When I finally got back on track, I encountered a few technical issues that put more burden on my jam rush. At that point, I decided to do something radical - start a different smaller project to accomplish the jam with, thinking what a great comeback it would be. It would be ... if my insomnia didn't come back to bully me.

I've decided the best for me would be to quit it instead of sweating it. Maybe some other time.

Hello Raildeus, I understand your situation, I experienced similar problems in other jams. That's okay, it's part of the experimental aspect of designing a game.

I hope you can recover from your insomnia, and I wish you all the luck in your next jams!