Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What game are you going to improve on?

A topic by aXu created Jan 13, 2021 Views: 232 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(+1)

It would be nice to see what projects are you working on.

This way others can:

• Give you feedback
  • Appreciate the changes you make to your game

Please tell in this topic:

• What your game is about and its current state
  • Plans to improve
  • Link to game page (if available)
  • Do you want feedback from others
HostSubmitted(+2)

I have so much I can say about my project. I've been working on it since the lockdown began last March and after almost a year of work, I'm now pleased enough to show it to the world and get feedback. I released it before but took it off the market to improve on so many features. My game is a Top-down Bullet hell type shooter with tactical elements. Inspired by some of the big games in the Tactical shooter genre, I set out to create a fun bullet hell type experience that is challenging and rewarding, in some of the same ways as these Shooters. What I came up with I'm extremely proud of however I have so much work to complete. Some of the tasks are as follows. 

Content:- Create Story, Levels, Weapons, Unlockables, Enemies. Bosses, etc.

Expand Accessability Options:- I want to add User Button Configurations, Allowing the user to create his/her own button config layout.

Quality of Life: - Item Deployment Trails and Estimated Deployment range and more.

Multiplayer:- Server-side Multiplayer Support.

I have added many Levels, Guns, Items, and worked on Enemy AI. However, the game is not yet to the standard I would ultimately like it to be. The Game Page is currently not published however for the duration of this jam it will be up. 

I hope to get feedback on if it's fun and what players would like to see introduced, such as, mechanics, item ideas, story, etc. 

(1 edit)

Hey Nicoli! Thanks for hosting this jam, I very much like the idea!

I'm going to work on project I made for ScoreJam #11, Iridium Miner. The game is an arcade game with optional story. In game you must protect your spaceship from asteroids by using teleporter, which swaps your places and momentum with objects. You score by collecting mineral left by crushed asteroids. Game was made basically in one day due to time constraints, but core gameplay is in place. Jam rating has just ended and I pushed first update for the game, mostly QOL improvements - but I have still plans on what needs to be improved. It's nothing grandious, but I want to make it more polished experience.

• Graphics - As time wouldn't allow for more, graphics are just placeholders. And it showed in rankings (game ranked nicely practically in every other category than aesthetics). I'm on the fence between two choices: low-poly 3d art or cartoony vector graphics. Not sure how hard it would be to switch sprites to 3D models though...
  • Content - Game is quite short as of now, and you're exposed to only one type of obstacle. I'd love to add more story and maybe some aliens to hinder your progress.
  • Upgrading mechanic - Allows you to fix the ship between waves and add a few simple upgrades into mix.
  • Tweaking game mechanics - I want the game to be easy to pick up, but hard to master. Currently it feels not too bad, but there's always room for improvement.
  • Online leaderboard - I'm not sure if there's any free alternatives for hosting it, but I'll look into it.

I would love any feedback on how hard people find the controls. If you come up with some strategies to up your score, I'd love to hear it so that I can tweak gameplay to encourage such way to play (even if you come up with strategy which current mechanics don't allow, please share). Also ideas for new obstacles. I would be grateful if feedback would be written in the comments on the game page.

Edit: I wasn't feeling well on friday, on saturday I didn't feel like doing it and today didn't have time, so no progress whatsoever on project...

(+1)

I would like to remake a top down shooter I programmed maybe a month ago. I was really disappointed with the results, since the director wanted a much different kind of shooter than the tried and true fast-paced ones I used to make.

The game was scrapped in a pretty poor state -- ideas were hastily implemented and never completed, I spaghetti coded some, and the game just plain wasn't fun.

I am planning on speeding the game up by at least 100%, have simple Ai, but enough enemy types to spice up the combat through different combos of encountered monsters.

Blood, gore, wacky weapons, heavy animations.

A possible skill tree to allow players to experiment with getting the most out of their favorite playstyle and guns.

It's already ambitious to plan on implementing all of the above properly, but I at least want to get a good chunk done during the jam.

(1 edit)

I was experimenting with procedural generation and decided to make a (singleplayer) Minecraft clone a while back. If I have time this weekend I'll use the jam as an excuse to throw up a server with some basic multi-player.