Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Felt creative, but I don't know if what I've done would be allowed

A topic by CyberRobotnix created Nov 29, 2021 Views: 88 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

So, the double arrows felt pretty boring, so I turned them into an Ouroboros. The idea is the same (A new beginning) and it is intended to work the same as expected from the thematic of the jam, only the icon is slightly different.

I'm fully willing to settle for two Ouroboros eating each other's tail if needed, so it'd still look like two arrows pointing at each other.

Submitted

I know some game jams encourage creativity, so that's why I'm asking. Can I use the mandatory symbol in a way that's transformative or not?

HostSubmitted

Hi, Sorry for the late answer, didn't see your message earlier, we're all busy with the jam :P You will have faster reply if you join us on Discord!

Yes you can modify the mandatory symbol as much as you want to make it look what you need.

Just a small warning however: it still has to be easy to identify by the Judges when they will play the games (they might not want to spend hours in every game looking for a hidden symbol). If they don't see easily that your Ouroboros is the 2 arrows symbol, then they will think you didn't respect the theme. 

Also it depends if you want to win a prize or if you participate just for fun! Indeed we highly encourage creativity, so just do something that you are happy to do!