Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

IWGMTAJam FAQ Sticky

A topic by CannibalInteractive created Oct 08, 2018 Views: 1,061 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 4
HostSubmitted(+3)

Can I make any of these game concepts into a game?
If it's your own, do whatever; just don't include the game in your submission. If it's not your own, that's up to whoever submitted it so message them. Everyone retains the rights to whatever they submit.

Can I start early?
Sure, I'm not the boss of you.

If you have any other questions, please ask them below.

May I submit a map editor, for a future potential game, but without option to actually play, or even just save the map?

HostSubmitted

I'd say yes, but make sure there's a fake game name for the map editor to be for. As long as what you submit isn't itself a game or for a currently existing game, there's no problem.

Thank you for reply. I am not sure I'll participate, but good to know.

Submitted (1 edit)

Pardon me for asking : if I submit a concept book of my several ideas for future games, do I put the status as PrototypeIn Development, or Released?

HostSubmitted

Right, there's no easy way to categorize that. I'd think Prototype, since it's concepts and nothing more.

Submitted

Yeah, it sure is confusing  as the book itself is a released final product. But for the sake of this jam, I'll post it as Prototype.

I have a question about a potential submission I have for IWGMTAJam Year 2.

So a while back I started working on a tabletop rpg, but got so caught up in developing the setting  that I never actually wrote down any rules. Could I submit the Google Doc I have full of useless lore that I'm never going to actually use?

HostSubmitted

If you have no intention of using it, it's not currently in a game, and what you provide isn't playable, then it's acceptable.