Play gameA Crow's Quest to World Domination's itch.io page
|Presentation (itch listing)||#3||3.444||3.444|
|Innovation / Experimentation||#7||3.333||3.333|
|Game Play / Game Feel||#10||3.222||3.222|
Ranked from 9 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- Love this concept, the world needs more games about annoying birds :) The flying speed is really too slow, there should be a way to accelerate. Also, it was a bit surprising that my pecking of a human's head leads to their death; perhaps pecking their head makes them drop something that I then take back to the nest?
- For the positive: It looks and sounds great, animations looks good as well. The level is populated with enough assets to make you want to explore it a bit. Just the concept of it this game is amazing and would do well with the right marketing. For the constructive feedback: There are some redundant controls like clicking to target, then swoop and then peck. That could have been one button. It has the base mechanics for something great but right now you aren't using them much. You need the puzzle aspect for this game to reach its full potential. Maybe you need to poop on people to make them take of their hats so that you can kill them. Poop in the ice cream cart for people to get sick so they need to use the public restroom etc. I see that you have thought of it through the boss and the need to use other mechanics on him. Overall great work! On the itch presentation side you have a great color scheme and you manage to make the game look like something I want to try. The only think I would think about is to condense it a bit. It does not have to be an entire tutorial and you should have to scroll for so long to find a download link.
- This is good stuff. It's like goose game but with murder. I suggest leaning more heavily into the spectacle of harassing people, and perhaps removing features that do not add to that - such as health etc. We spoke in your booth!
- This is the first game this year that made me laugh out loud, I really enjoyed the (up to date) comedy about certain targets, and also thank you for remembering the worst guy in the world, Ross Geller. It felt very satisfactory to be able to hack him to pieces. The controls are a bit clunky, unfortunately, I mentioned this to you in the booth as well - there's some sort of state glitch where I can't take off with the skull as I pick it up, but the basics of this game is delightful, fun and entertaining. The free roaming is nice, I feel that maybe I should be able to turn quicker as a crow, but still, very nice. A round of applause from me!
- Nicely done to the Crow team! The game is a very unique kind of experience. Flying around and murdering people as a crow set on world domination is something I've never played before! The game plays okay, and the main interactions work out, however, it does tend to be a bit buggy and the flying itself would have needed a bit more polish to smooth it out. The mechanics of the game are interesting! You peck people to kill them, get skulls, place skull in the nest, and occasionally poop on civilians. Artstyle wise I think you have managed to create a cute and funny style. The map and level is huge, and allows for some exploration, which feels very nice when you are playing as a bird! Good job guys!
- It was all going well until I got stuck after attacking the wrong person.
- Great game! You have been focusing on the correct things it seems. Simple mechanics and the build upon that. Also seems quite polished which is awesome! I can also see this on multiple platforms but might be best for the mobile platform, so nice to tap the screen when you peck someone's head :D Great presentation on the itch page!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.