Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Error when trying to build for web (Unity)

A topic by Quasar47 created Aug 04, 2019 Views: 279 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hey everyone, for those among you who planned to use Unity and build a web version of your game, maybe you can help me : When I'm trying to build a webgl version of my game for this jam (I have installed all necessary modules), the console prints me weird error messages  I can't get rid of and that have nothing to do with my  personal code, This isn't the first time it happens to me, but it is the first time I'm really building a game for web, and I can't find any forum on google on this topic.

And since I'm a complete beginner about it,  I was wondering if you came across this issue during your playtests. If it doesn't work then whatever, I can still make standalone builds, but a web player would have been nice. Thank you for your help !

Submitted

You probably have a seperate installation of Python 2.7, which causes the problem. See this thread for more information.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/il2cpp-compile-fails-on-empty-project.352102/#po...

Submitted(+1)

Hey there, thanks for helping, but I found where the problem was, and it was pretty by, the path to my project had an accent in it (the one on my computer user's name) and for some reason Unity didn't want to complie in a folder with a path containing any accent. WHich is wierd, because it built my game for standalone without a hinch. Thank you for helping though, I hope this will help someone else :)