Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

i have 21 hours to design levels for the game

A topic by fumblingcow created May 20, 2021 Views: 309 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 3

i already have 2 levels done and the reason the coding part of the game is already done is cuz i reused a engine i made a while ago

Jam Host (1 edit)

I'm sorry, but I think there is a misunderstanding. The goal of the jam is to make something during the jam time, and the jam hasn't started yet. It will begin in 21 hours, after which you have a week to make the game. Additionally, when the jam start we will also reveal a theme.

its okay

actually i knew that i just felt like getting a head start

you can make a game thats not with the theme you just have to say it on the project page

Jam Host

you can, but it is not recommended as it is one of the rating criteria. You are also supposed to make the majority of the game during the jam, which this doesn't sound like.

bro my game isnt gonna get that good of ratings anyway

Jam Host

Rules are rules, doesn't matter what ratings it would get

kk ill make a new game when it starts

Is it ok to make prototypes for the jam before it starts

Jam Host

sure, prototypes are fine. For as long as it doesn't become a copy/paste job when working on the final game :)

yea no not gonna copy paste just gonna test out how i am gonna implement specific mechanics

I generally avoid doing stuff before the jam. I did this once and ended up with something that didn't fit the theme at all.

you can make a game that doesnt fit the theme you just have to say it doesnt in the project page

Yes but still not ok to build the game before the jam. Besides it's more fun when you have a theme to constrain you.

ya thats why im making a new game

Jam Host

also, the theme is one of the voting criteria, so though nothing is stopping you from not following the theme your end score will reflect this.