Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

WIP - Kitty Climb!

A topic by TheADrain created Oct 02, 2016 Views: 686 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 11
Submitted (2 edits)

Working on a little infinite climbing game for this jam!

Here's my progress today. Title screen, and idle/run for the main character as well as basic collision.

Submitted

Jumping and wall jumping! And a couple more frames of animation.

Submitted

Very basic mechanics are in now, as is pausing/unpausing. I should spend the rest of the day working on the infinite climbing basics but... I haven't had a day off in like 3 weeks haha so, I'm gonna play me some Parasite Eve. Good luck with your entries everyone!

Host

hahaha this is great (:

Meow~ That little cat sprite is so cute.

Looks really fun, good luck!

Submitted

More progress, it's been a very busy weekend/week though so, slow going. But now I can get levels in from Tiled easily and have spawn points/exits setup (it's no longer an infinite climber, just a platformer) and my artist is working on some graphics. Most of the work done here is behind the scenes, so hopefully I'll have a lot more to actually show in the next couple days.

Here's a gif from the test level I'm using to finalise the size/shape of the cats jump and (soon) his wall-clinging ability.

Submitted

Work's been so crazy I've been really tired but I've made some progress!

Now we have little animal friends to collect!

Submitted

Animal friends?!? My wife was already stoked to play this game but I'm afraid I'll now be forced to vote you #1. Looks awesome!

Submitted

Thanks!

More progress today, we now have moving platforms, a UI, exit is locked until you find all the animal friends, and new sprites as well as health/damage, spikes and dying.

All I really need to do now is an enemy or two and I think we can just polish and build levels then.

Submitted (1 edit)

Loads of progress made today. This will be my last update before submission tomorrow (not much left to do, I have 4 levels and I'd like to push that to maybe 7 or 8, there's no massive bugs left to fix I just have to re-do the title logo as the name changed)

edit: looks like this gif borked :\

Submitted

Finally submitted. Holy crap what a week. I got the 7 levels that I wanted done! Go play it! :D

https://itch.io/jam/gbjam-5/rate/90133

https://the_a_drain.itch.io/kitty-quest