Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Itch.io help

A topic by Tiarali created Jun 03, 2022 Views: 193 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

Is it possible to block someone on itch.io?  I just saw that one of my ratings is by a family member who is stalking me irl.  It doesn't matter that they game me 1 star really, cause I only have three ratings over all.  But it wasn't nice to see that, and I'd just rather not interact with them at all.  But I don't know itch.io well enough to know if you can do that.

Submitted

I'm also new to itch and game jams so sorry this isn't really an answer to your question but how are you seeing who rated you and what score they gave?

Submitted

I didn't know how to until tonight.  On my game's page I clicked Analytics.  I could see that I had three ratings, but didn't realise I could click on it to see them.  You only see a rating out of five stars, not what they rated on each individual category.  And they can leave a comment too.

Submitted

I'm new to itch too, so I won't be of much help with your problem. but I do want to ask something about viewing the ratings. I actually checked in my case, and the submission page says I have 3 ratings, but when I actually go to analytics, it says 0. Any idea why that might be? Are the analytics looking at ratings outside the game jam, perhaps?

Submitted

I believe this is a system outside of the Gamejam ratings, see this page: https://itch.io/updates/you-can-now-rate-games

Also, it seems banning is only related to those who have commented on your game. Click the analytics link -> more menu -> Edit Comments -> Bans

Submitted(+1)

Thank you. I didn't realise that.

Submitted

I'm sorry you're having to go through that.