Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Some doubts...

A topic by ApeHardware created May 15, 2020 Views: 356 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

I've been working on a submission and I just had a few doubts...

• One of the requisites for the upload is "All entries must include source as part of the submission, or a link to the source hosted externally (DropBox, GitHub, etc.)" Does the "source" mean the files needed to play the game ( .exe, .zip, etc... ) or the source files for the game (  source code, project files, etc...) ?
  • Can you make your submissions a "name your price" type of download or does it have to be a free download?

That's all, thanks for your time.

HostSubmitted(+1)

Source means the files for the game. The user needs to be able to download your source and run it from the engine.

Submissions need to be free.

Submitted (1 edit)

So I just went through the submission process. I downloaded a zip file that had the game.exe and the game.pck. However I did not see anywhere I could download the "source". I am using godot engine. It seemed to go through ok but I wanted to make sure I was uploading according to the rules. I would appreciate any help with this.

HostSubmitted(+1)

You can edit your entry and upload another zip file that has the source. You can also link to a repo if you are using one.

Submitted

A link to Github sounds like the best option :-) Thanks for clarifying!

Submitted

Is a .7z ok? It really reduces the file sizes.

HostSubmitted

A .7z is fine.

Submitted

Ok thanks. Ya just realized this morning that I could just use another zip file.

Submitted

Hey, it's me again.

Can I upload this game to another page like Gamejolt? The rules don't mention anything about this.

HostSubmitted

To officially submit to the jam, it has to be uploaded on itch.io
You are free to submit your project to other game platforms, you just wouldn't be able to submit to this jam from those pages.

Submitted

Ok, thanks