Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Great alternatives and resources Sticky

A topic by momatoes created Apr 25, 2021 Views: 759 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Host(+3)

Do you know a great alternative to Adobe? Share links, platforms, and resources - especially hidden gems!

This image by @XDanielArt is a popular list of known alternatives. However this barely scratches the wealth of font, image, and platform resources out there!

Submitted(+1)

Products from Pixelmator are top notch. Offerings include Pixelmator Pro for Mac OS, Pixelmator Photo exclusively for iPad, and Pixelmator iOS for iPhones and iPads. Great low-cost alternative to Photoshop with both editing and "painting" tools. 

(+4)

I use Libre Office Draw to make my sh*t

Submitted(+1)

This site has a huge amount of stuff to do pretty much any kind of thing from web based synth engines to project management systems, to sites that help generate complex diagrams to making websites with various degree of necessary skill and effort. It’s not all free, but a lot is, and there is at least one adobe product in there and some non-adobe plugins for adobe products. It’s highly not adobe though.

https://tinytools.directory

(+1)

I use pikel for games and pixilart.com for pixel art and krita for drawing  and blender if i am bored (i don't make 3d games)

Host

Thank you so much for this! pixilart.com looks amazing and useful.

(+1)

Nice, I've moved away from Premiere, but still stuck with an older Photoshop/Illustrator package. I currently use Krita, and ClipStudio Paint and hoping to find and learn something to get away from Adobe altogether.

Host(+1)

Yeah. I'm learning CSP for drawing and Affinity Publisher for layouts, though admittedly I feel a bit lost when it comes to replacement for Premiere and After Effects. A lot of people who submitted for this jam exposed me to new tools I wouldn't have known about otherwise! It's always gratifying too to see more support for better, more sustainable tools and resources.

(+2)

DaVinci Resolve is a wonderful replacement for Premiere.  It's been a while since I last used DaVinci Fusion but I really liked it back then as an AfterEffects alternative.

(+1)

Doh, totally forgot to mention Da Vinci Resolve, thank @Ryan Miller. It's great, i've never used After Effects so not sure how it compares to Fusion, which I believe is the alternative and part of the software and not a standalone one.