Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Project ideas! Sticky

A topic by CLAYMORE created Jan 28, 2023 Views: 281 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Host

If you'd like to brainstorm project ideas here on itch with other jammers, we've set this little thread up. Tell us your dastardly plans folks! 

Submitted(+2)

Hey! First time I'll be entering a jam here on Itch, so I'm still feeling things out. That said, I'm planning a little mission module I'm tentatively calling Demon Core. I'm going to be making a few single-page maps, some CYCLOPS operatives, and a few new weapons. The plan is for it to be somewhere between 4-8 pages and printable in black and white or very basic color.

The general idea is that the Demon Core wasn't actually melted down for other Manhattan Project experiments, but was instead the target of some spacetime shifting experiments, and now it's in the hands of CYCLOPS-backed terrorists targeting the 1983 G7 Summit. The players have to dispose of the two halves of the Demon Core, and they run afoul of CYCLOPS operatives.

Here's the first draft of the cover image:

Host(+1)

holy shit this looks gorgeous, how'd you get that cool scanner banding?? never heard of the demon core but omg 🤌🤌🤌 absolutely perfect subject matter

Submitted(+1)

Thanks!

For the grungy texture, I looked up "photocopy texture" and used that as the basis for some simple color masks in Photoshop. By overlaying some black and white and doing levels adjustments, I was able to make it look like a second- or third-generation photocopy.

I'm planning on using similar stuff for most of the graphics in the module, like these ones:

Host(+1)

absolutely gorgeous wow!!! 

Submitted

My original plan was to do a "brochure" (it'd still be in a zine format) for like, an Evil and/or Haunted Circus, w/ enemy stats & traits
But all of the sudden I got the idea of a pamphlet of like "So, You Fell Into The Anomalous Void..."  or something, w/ Lore & Traits. Like the vibe of something you'd find in Fallout, or some of the tapes from Control, the FMV stuff.

Host

ooh amazing!!! in-universe documents are always super fun

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Convert my BattleSquad turn based stratergy prototype  to use the FIST D6 system...

I raised a thread to ask if it would be a good idea and what would be needed to allow solo players to play or groups of players to run/generate a FIST scenario?

PS New to FIST

(1 edit)

👋🏻 Hey everybody!

This is my first jam as well! It’s also the first time I do anything other than writing a manuscript. So I’m really excited to learn as much as I can about the “putting a thing for others to read & play” process.

I’m planning to write a mission module that uses the following touch points:

• Spriggan (1998). To be more specific, my hazy memories of watching Spriggan when it came out in 1998.
  • Demons (directed by Mario Bava) Probably just this quote:

“They will make cemeteries their cathedrals, and the cities will be your tombs.”

• Hardcore Henry.

A Question about tools

I’m using Affinity Publisher 2 for the layout because it seems to be pretty well regarded by publishers and authors I follow in social media. Are any of you using it? Is it easy to learn and use? (I have less than a month to write, edit, and layout. 😀)

Looking forward to seeing everybody’s work!

hi yall first FIST jam as well. Currently was in the middle of a MGS playthrough on the PSone so I'm dying to bring that feel to my home game... My question for ya'll is of the FIST modules/scenarios you ran, which would be a good reference for making something DM-friendly? I have not had the chance to run the game yet. I'm thinking of having a number of areas each with "something to discover" "something to fight/hide from" "something to collect.." not sure how to go about it though.