Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Resources?

A topic by DeviousMelody created Jan 02, 2017 Views: 336 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5

Does anyone have any recommendations for some free, royalty-free resources for graphics/music/etc.? It would be amazingly helpful if we could get a list going!

HostSubmitted

Hi, a lot of people recommend FreeSound.org for sound effects and music, probably a good place to start. There was also another topic with someone offering their services for composing music, so check if anyone wants to collaborate

opengameart.org has some good graphical resources, although I've found it hard to find matching art in the past.

FreeSFX.co.uk is great for high quality sound effects and background music. Check their license page for the legalese; the gist seems to be that you can use them so long as 1) the site is in your game credits, 2) there are visual elements, and 3) sound isn't your core game mechanic.

(Their search engine is kind of garbage, so if you find a track you like, you might want to check its creator's profile. They've probably published other versions of it that the engine isn't finding due to a lack of tags / etc.)

I recommend downloading Audacity (its free) in case you need to edit/balance the lengths/volume/fade/loop of any sfx or music you're using. (It's obvious when you throw stock audio in without any [much-needed] editing.)

And if your project needs photography / icons / fonts, The Stocks archives pretty much all major free stock sites in one place. Be sure to check their individual licenses.

Submitted

I would recommend Kenney (http://kenney.nl/assets) for art assets, especially for quick prototyping.

There are some paying packs there but a lot of free stuff as well.