Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Extension: 1 More Weekend! Sticky

A topic by playBitke created Jun 26, 2016 Views: 280 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
HostSubmitted (2 edits)

Looking at the Calendar, let's give this 1 more weekend. I hope this will give some other more time to at least have something running and playable if you feel you can't complete within the week.

I was about to say that I wouldn't have time to finish my game. Actually, in its current state, I think it's still safe to say that I won't be finishing that soon, even with the extra weeks. I hope to at least submit a crude version with the basic gameplay. In the past week I wasn't able to work on it at all (because of job), but let's see what I can do this week.

Nonetheless, I've learned a lot. Because this jam was a bit longer that the ones I've participated in, I ended up being a victim of feature creep. I tried to polish so many basic aspects of the gameplay (such as the all colorful, kingdom hearts-esque, half circular half straight shaped health bar that took me some days away), that the core gameplay is still very raw. I'm also a little frustrated by the lack of my artistic skills, but this will get better in time.

Anyway, good luck to you all in the extra week. How are everyone else's games doing?

Submitted

Oh no, I'm so confused! The front page says the jam runs until Tomorrow at 11:30 AM - that would be July 2nd, 11:30 EST - so I was going to submit tomorrow, but it also says "This jam is now over"! Did I miss it, or did the extension not work right? I thought I had another night..

HostSubmitted

Sigh, it's a timezone issue. Let me fix it.

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Okay, I added it to be 12:00 a.m. Monday my time. That should give everyone a fair shot at finishing this weekend. Notably, deadlines are really there to give us a finish mark and not allow us to fall into a developer abyss. I have three games either on a shelf or in a abyss already :P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06QR-tz1_o