Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How are everyone's games going so far?

A topic by B0B_Mc_B0B created Dec 13, 2022 Views: 207 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted(+1)

Just curious how are everyone's games going, I haven't really seen much talk about the Jam. Plus I'm starting to worry that my game wont be finished in time and wanted to know if anyone else felt the same.

(2 edits) (+1)

This feeling comes with nearly every game jam (or deadline outside of jams as well) so I think it's quite a natural occurrence. If your project has something "extra" that isn't vital to the main gameplay, like extra characters, levels or weaponry/tools, you can drop it off for now and save it for later when you have excess time for such things. This way you can still deliver the main experience in time.

Submitted(+1)

im still thinking

(+1)

I haven't started yet either. Still thinking as well. :D

Jam Host

You should only need 5 hours to make a decent game really.

Submitted

You need to come up with a game idea, code it, make art for it, balance it, fix bugs, and make a thumbnail. Then all of that has to be done in spare time. So unless you're encouraging people to make rushed and unfinished games it takes a lot longer than 5 hours.

Jam Host
  • it’s all subjective. I’ve seen people make better game in 5 hrs than some other do in 3 months.
Submitted

I spent more then 5 hours on the first 30 seconds of the game!

Submitted

if u guys are smart you make your game in group so you can make a good work, already submited my project (vampire invasion) will polish it later maybe

Submitted

Shot with the first submission, but it may be a smart move to rather embed your game than just posting a link. I can not play it as it says it is not published.

I think in unpublishes itself if there are no players, no idea really.

Submitted

Well if I were to do that, I would need friends which is something I lack of

Doing as well as you