Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Bug Fixes

A topic by Kreastricon created Apr 12, 2021 Views: 128 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

This is probably a dumb question and has already been answered but...

Is it OK to fix bugs during the voting period?

I already uploaded my game Shifty Drifty dungeon, and its finished. However some people in the comments are informing me of crashes and performance drops. I, who personally, tested my game had not experienced any of these issues. Maybe my computers a monster, I don't know. They were pretty helpful in pinpointing where the issues were though.

I don't want to polish my game, I don't want to change the levels, I don't care about graphical glitches, I don't want to add new gameplay mechanics, I don't want to fix audio glitches, I don't want to change the difficulty balance, and etc. 

I just want to keep my game the way it is, playable from beginning to end, without someone's computer quitting on it.

If not, that's fine. I'll upload a patched version after the voting's over.

HostSubmitted

I am sorry for late reply. I am also sorry but it's not possible to upload updated/bugfixed builds. If I allow people to upload builds post jam then there's no telling what will happen. People might continue improving the game throughout the voting week, effectively making this a 14 day jam :)

Submitted

That's fine, I'm not upset about it. I've participated jams where it was OK to do that as long as you refrained from polishing the content and I wasn't sure about this one.  I guess I can see why because it would effect the fun rating score and it is kind of a gray area.