SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[๐ƒ๐„๐•๐‹๐Ž๐†] Calming Puzzle Metroidvania by Nacho Average Team

A topic by Sola created Mar 30, 2021 Views: 410 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted (16 edits) (+4)

Nacho Average Team Logo

It's always fun keeping track of your progress when developing a game, so our squad ( ๐๐š๐œ๐ก๐จ ๐€๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ž ๐“๐ž๐š๐ฆ ) wanted to create a devlog! (Well, ok, mostly me HAHA). 

Image   Project Details

Title:  ๐ŸŒธ ๐’๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ข ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐’๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ŸŒธ

Genre: Puzzle, Platformer, Metroidvania

Premise: The world of magic is crumbling, which is causing mayhem among the fairies who guard the enchanted forest. You are an apprentice mage who is guided by the different fairy clans to learn and master the wizardry elements. By gathering their elemental orbs, perhaps peace can be restored once again.

Hype: We have a cool drawing mechanic involved, so hopefully that'll make things interesting for players! ^ ใ…ก^

Image   Team

Image  ๐๐จ๐ฌ๐ฎ ยป Composer
Image  ๐‹๐ฎ๐ง๐š๐๐ฒ๐ง ยป Unity Programmer
Image  ๐’๐ง๐จ๐ช๐ข๐ž ยป Sprite Art โ—ˆ UI Design โ—ˆ Animation
Image  ๐“๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐š๐ง๐ฒ ๐’๐ก๐ž๐ง ยป 3D Environment Art
Image  ๐–๐š๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ซ ยป Unity Programmer (๐˜—๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ ๐˜Š๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ)

Image   Game Progress

Deadline:    April 4, 2021 @ 11:59pm PST

Game Design: 95%
Sprites & Animation: 80%
Environment Art: 90%
UI Design: 100%
Audio: 90%
Programming: 95%

Image   Updates

• March 29 โ—ˆ Flushed out the game mechanics & story | Finished logo & animation | Made log for environment
  • March 30 โ—ˆ Programmed in particles and dummy main character | Condensed scope | Lots of 3D environment assets done
  • March 31 โ—ˆ Sumi idle animation (sketch) [ . . . ]
  • April o1 โ—ˆ Sumi walk, jump, falling animations (sketch)
  • April o2 โ—ˆ Finished all melodic SFX | Raw takes of Sumi's voice lines | Finished UI for main screen, pause menu, cursor, fairy dust particles
  • April o4 โ—ˆ Published the game! ๐ŸŽ‰

Submitted(+1)

Here are some visual updates of things that happened over the past couple days! ^ ใ…ก^

Submitted(+1)

Some things that were finished since the last update! :D

• Game Logo almost finished (waiting for background assets to be finished to determine color scheme)
  • Sumi walking animation sketch
  • More 3D background assets!

Submitted(+1)

Hi all! Another 24 hours have past, and we've got quite a few things done! c:

• Lots of UI: Assets for main screen, pause menu, cursor, in-game UI
  • Several SFX used in game
  • Voice lines for Sumi
  • Textured on the terrain in the background
  • Implemented the "crumbling" system  of our platform creation mechanic (with unity particles)

CURRENT BACKGROUND ART ON MAIN SCREEN IS PLACEHOLDER ART (Until background graphics are finished!)

Submitted(+1)

Hi everyone! Hope all the teams are doing well!! ^ ใ…ก^ The final crunch (barely over 24 hours left!) is here~! This will probably be the last post from me until the jam is over due to the nature of cramming all the last assets in to the very last second. 

MY PANIC TO-DO LIST:

Things we've accomplished:

• More UI: Debris, EXE icon, orbs, runes
  • Implementing the new UI into the game!
  • Finished 3 fairy designs and 3-frame animations haha
  • Found a cool Unity shader to help shade the 3D background assets!

SEE YOU ALL AT THE FINISH LINE! WHOOO! ๐ŸŽ‰

Submitted(+3)

very cool and awe-inspiring to see someone organized enough to keep a devlog this week, I can feel your enthusiasm for the jam :)

Submitted

Aw, thank you so much!! It was a nice kind of break for me throughout the jam to just stop and see what we've accomplished in the past 24 hours haha! Appreciate the kind thoughts. c:

Submitted(+1)

Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Submitted

Thanks so much Rosko!! Very happy you found it cool ^ ใ…ก^ Hehe!

Submitted (1 edit)

As for the last "update" to our devlog, thought I'd just share our game design document with our original goals and plans constantly being re-adjusted (probably took out about 75% of our monster mechanics). We were super ambitious!

โœจ Sumi Game Design Document โœจ

And a process shot of how I built my animations, using Sumi's jump animation to showcase my process! ^ ใ…ก^

The final version is missing one frame so it looks a little jankier than the drafts haha!

Thank you to everyone who supported us on our journey and kept up with our devlog!! Everyone was amazing and the community was absolutely inspirational! ๐Ÿ’–