Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Share your progress here

A topic by Marko Vuger created Aug 27, 2019 Views: 479 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 8

Hey, guys! if you didn't know , this is my first game jam, and first time when I'll try to complete whole game, I'm pretty new to game development for around 2 or 3 months, pls share your progress here because I'm wondering what are you doing!I added screen shake and some particle systems to make it look cooler but animations aren't my strong side and not optimized as well because I don't know how to set them up so they can fit with the controls I make, I can do with a pen diffrent kinds of art styles, from cartoonish to semi realistic but I can't do them because I don't have a drawing tablet yet..I'm saving now a lot of money and soon I'll buy it and I'll finnaly go away from pixel art! 

Submitted

Hey, man. Im currently trying to figure out how to make my enemy frog shoot at me when I come close to him XD. My drawing skills are way bellow average, that's why my Enemy looks like.. well you know XD.  Most these things are placeholders, I will draw them after I make my game playable.

You can at least draw, I'm more of an artist than a coder and I have to eal with pixel art which I hate and I want to use my style

Finally finished my tileset and background

It looks awesome

Thank ya!

Submitted

How my game looks so far. It'll be some kind of Rts where you have to win by  manipulating and lying to your ennemies (it's not really that, but I don't see how to describe it better ^^')

Guys I need help, so I'm trying to add HUD to my game so I can make some systems(Like health or scoring system), and I didn't know how to do it so I just wanted to quickly check how it's done and I found this when I tried to do it for my own game, pls tell me If I did something wrong

Submitted

You have to import UnityEngine.UI by adding "using UnityEngine.UI" at the top of the script.

damn I didn't notice that, thanks man

Submitted

Hello World!

Well, this is my first Game Jam. I'm super excited about actually making and FINISHING my own game. My two friends are helping me with sound and art. So far, the project is coming along fine. However it is pretty hard to combine going to school(I'm 15) and participating in a game jam, but every bit of spare time I get I'll put into this game.

The idea is to make a game that looks simple at first but has some surprises for the player as they progress. Let me know what you think and if you have any tips for me, thanks.

Submitted

This looks quite basic. You should try to add some post processing to make it looks better without having to work hard on art, see this to learn how to do this.