Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

loading_screen

A topic by auraes created Sep 11, 2019 Views: 164 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (1 edit)

For the loading screen, can I use the ADVENTURON CLASSROOM picture? It's nice and I don't want to make an extra drawing just for the loading screen. If so, could I have the data from the picture?

Host

I'd rather you don't use the adventuron classroom logo, although you can just zoom in (and colour in) the game title as an image as a loading screen if you wish. Just use an image from the game then some text underneath it is a good idea.

Submitted

I just used the game title written on a scroll in a nice font. I'll post an image when I get home tonight. (The scroll has relevance to the game.)

Submitted

As promised, here's my loading screen. As you can see, its pretty simple.

Host

Very stylish Garry. I think you might need to change the name of the game to something different, or add a suffix at least for people browsing the game list (on Itch) to be able to distinguish it from the original game however.

Submitted

No problem. I thought it had to be called "The Cave of Magic: xxx", where "xxx" is your name. That rule has apparently been removed. I'll dream up something else. If the titles are unique, it will also make it easier for Adventure cataloguers and historians in years to come.

Now, what to call it?

Host

I removed that rule (before the start of the competition) because there was too much danger of name collision and it's a bit of a mouthful to say the prefix ahead of all the entries. The current rules have not, and will not be changed since the official start date- to be fair.

It's just the official start date that moved. :) 

Submitted

And the official end date. That's changed a few times.

Host(+1)

Nothing has changed since the start date.

But yes, there was a little bit of revising of the terms (loosening only) before the start date was reached. It's my first time running something like this, so sorry if I haven't been 100% on the ball.

The important thing is that I haven't changed anything since the start date was triggered. 

Submitted(+1)

My loading screen:

Sounds interesting! Certainly like you're taking things in a different direction. There should be some very unique games in this jam!