Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I made a brand new Bullethell Engine for you to use!

A topic by Dark Peace created 55 days ago Views: 180 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(+1)

Hi ! I'm the creator of BulletUpHell BLAST. With 200+ stars on Github, hundreds of users, BulletUpHell is the world's most feature-packed BulletHell Engine. I developed it over 2 years and it finally got out of beta a few days ago. People already used it for jams before, including this one, so you can be sure it's reliable. It's a plugin for Godot and my totally unbiased opinion affirm it makes Godot the best game engine to make bullethells.

With it, you can recreate ALL the attack patterns from your favorite bullethell games. It takes care of everything related to bullet spawning : patterns, bullet properties, event triggering,... Features include complex bullet movement (from math equations to custom drawn paths), advanced homing features, built-in animation and sound manager, ability to randomise everything, laser beams, and much more !

Here's the trailer :

You can download it here: https://bottled-up-studio.itch.io/godot-bullethell-plugin

Make great games ! Cheers

Submitted(+1)

This is pretty cool. I would like to try it out in this game jam. I understand I still can use the demo of the older version, right? And since it’s MIT I can publish it along with my game sources. What is the license of the paid version?

yes, you can use the demo, but pay attention to the documentation as the premium features are marked there. Yes, the demo is MIT, so you can include it in your source code, and credit and link to the plugin Itch page is appreciated. BLAST is closed source for obvious reasons so you can't include it in your repo. But as I said to someone else in my Discord recently, you can simply link the Itch page and write in your repo that the plugin is required. Just like a library that needs to be downloaded separately. There's a dedicated page about license in the documentation. (There's a dedicated page about everything in the documentation)

Make a cool game !