Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Should i give up?

A topic by AntyCo created Feb 22, 2022 Views: 513 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 7
(+1)

2 days passed and i m... well... F***ed.

My family and I were in mountains yesterday and during previous weekend so i lost thoose 2 days.

Today we are gonna be in the city, so its like 3 days passed and i have (almost) nothing.

This is my 1st game jam and making game in 4,5 days doesnt look so bright to me.

I was thinking if i should give up and try again during 2022.2 game jam (august). I will have more experience then and maybe the theme wont be so... Easy and difficult at the same time.

Gotta go to the city and i hope to see anwsers when i come back.

Mhm this up to you. A game in 3-4 days is doable  but you will have to let out a lot of things. But its also completly okay to enter the 2022.2 gamejam instead.

Submitted

There are thousands of ways to trim down your game scope. Even if you fail to complete the game, you gain experience. Do you want to try again in 2022.2 game jam with 0 experience or half-game of experience? You're a smart man. Make the smart choice :)

I have experience, and i m still gonna gain it. I made games for fun before (and also have 1 uploaded fan game) and i will 100% make games for fun between gamejams 2022.1 and .2

(+1)

Why don't you team up and distribute the workload? 

Deleted post
Submitted

馃槀馃ぃ

Submitted(+2)

Nah don't give up. Even if you don't manage to finish the game in time, you will have definitely learnt something about game design. 

Submitted(+3)

I agree with @CyberSpace. You never know what you might learn or create.

(+1)

The thing is that i dont wanna make game for Game Jam. Its too stressful.

In fact, i m making game rn, but without deadline.

I make games for fun, no matter if for game jam or not.

(+2)

Then maybe it's a good mixup for you to try make a game with a deadline. And there's a chance, that you learn something new and interesting for your no-deadline-game.