Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What is the best way to gain ratings?

A topic by Jamie_Gamedev created Feb 25, 2021 Views: 316 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

This is the first game jam I have actually submitted to. So far its been a amazing; loads of great feedback I am already using on updates, a plenty of other games to inspire. I do however find myself in this situation in which I don't seem to gather many ratings. I am aware I am 3-4 days too late, but I only found the ratings tab today and didn't realise how few I had. 

Tried embarking on the promotional tabs here, and playing many games to boost that viewership too. Just wondered if anyone had any tips either on the process or why my game doesn't attract as much as it could. All response deeply grateful.

Submitted

It helps if you leave honest feedback on other's games and rate them.  It's all about working together and lifting each other up, do that and the ratings will come! Rated! Great work on this :) Please rate my game if you have time, thanks!

Submitted

Thank you. It did seem that way, just wanted to make sure missing nothing obvious :) Thank you for rating! Will rate yours now.

Submitted (1 edit)

Advertising wherever you can without spamming or being obnoxious helps a ton. For example for my game, (https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-5/rate/927134) I've been putting links all over the place. Another thing that helps is giving detailed feedback in a positive way, for example stating an issue that a  game has, and how to fix it will make people more inclined to want to help you in return. 

One last thing, in these community posts, if you make a topic asking to play games instead of a rate for rate, it gives more opportunities to use thee feedback thing mentioned earlier, because some people want theirs to be rated without having to rate another game, and a post like that would bring them in as well.

I hope that makes sense lol 

Submitted

P.S. - just played and rated yours!

Submitted(+1)

Thank you so much. Hopefully I am balancing my posts so far between the lines of being effective but not obnoxious.  We have many great games to get through I think then :) And might need to dust of my reviewers hat some better comments. Thank you Again!

Submitted

Add screenshots while sending game links. It could help to gain some rates. Be careful about the art of the game cover image and the game itself. And by the way, please try out my game.

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-5/rate/928553

Submitted

Thanks You! Will certainly play after work today.

Submitted

Your welcome

Deleted post
Submitted

Thank you for taking the time such amazing tips.  So many things I didn't know about. Downloading ScreenToGif as we speak :)

Deleted post
Submitted
Deleted 3 years ago
Submitted

bruh

they were asking for help on how to get their game noticed and you decided it was time for a plug?

Submitted

what