Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Playtest my game?

A topic by ns created Feb 14, 2021 Views: 456 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

I have basically already finished the game in my eyes, which means I have 6-5 extra days. I’ve uploaded it here. I need to know any issues in it or if there are some extra things it needs to be more fun to play. Cheers!

The game is cool, I think its need an in game tutorial, And some mechanics like random look of level, for example some can be triangle,some 2d rooms.

Sorry for bad english.

the demo for my game will come in 2-3 days. you can try it if you want.

Hi, The game is very fun and I am  almost some form of addicted. There are a few things that could be better though.

1. more relaxing music. I am going to be honest I lasted a while in the game and when I stopped playing it I had a small headache. 

2. There's nothing to really look at. There needs to be some background art at least. Maybe think about a more instructing looking character design. 

Great job though!

Submitted (2 edits)

I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who find the game addicting! I’m sorry about the music problem, I’ve expanded it but unfortunately cannot make it more relaxing. I have, however, allowed you to switch the music off in the menu(ENTER). Sorry about that, I’m not that great of a composer. The graphics though, I think I can fix. I’ve 1) Made the people look bigger 2) Added two extra looks to the people to make it easier to tell between an ally, a recruiter and a leader. If there are any other issues, let me know. Of course, I haven’t released the new version yet, but I will be doing it soon.

Submitted

Released!

Submitted

I love the simplicity and adding to your army mechanic :) One thing I have noticed is that sometimes the AI get stuck in the corner which makes it too easy to defeat them. However, I found it very addicting and enjoyable! Well done

Submitted

Hi, and thanks for the feedback! Yes, I too have noticed that the AIs do that, and to be fully honest, I have no idea why. I’m guessing it has to do with the fact that they use angle based movement and not just up-down-left-right movement. Also, you’re the second person I have heard to find the game addicting, which is pretty cool!

Submitted

Well i feel like i should have made more progress

Submitted

Don’t worry about it. The reason I finished the original version so quick is because I was lucky enough to have the idea pop instantly into my head, which almost never happens to me during a game jam. And also, I used PICO-8 for the game, which I am very familiar with so it was very comfortable for me to work in it. Don’t worry, I’m sure your game will be good!