Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I use Scratch?

A topic by Mario Wumpus created Jul 23, 2020 Views: 514 Replies: 17
Viewing posts 1 to 9

I only know scratch. So can I use it? If not can you link to some alternatives?

You can use the Construct 2 or 3 if you don't know how to program very well.
Submitted

I use construct 3 to

(1 edit)

I have a solution! I use scratch too, so I just go to https://sheeptester.github.io/htmlifier/ and type my scratch project ID. Then I import the HTML I receive into itch.io.

Wanna team?

okay! (srry i took so long to respond lol)

my account is https://scratch.mit.edu/users/MagiYT/

Submitted(-1)

Why not learn a language like java or something, or learn to use processing? You have enough time to get a basic underdtanding of the syntax before the jam, and this jam is pretty long.

i use scratch too! lets make a team

nvm

isnt scratch sort of, well you cant really make very good games with it. you can join the game jam but i suggest you sometime take time to learn a language and use an engine like: unity or unreal. but scratch is usable, have a nice day!

Don't hate! Scratch is a program focused towards beginners, and I have seen many complicated projects from it.

true! somebody made a 2d non-euclidean world in scratch

scratch isn't as good as other engines but it makes up for it in accessibility. It is very good for beginners to programming. Also, a new programming language is hard to learn.  Using scratch for a jam is ok but I do recommend learning a proper programming language and engine at some point.

I’m going to try Construct 3 and see if I could switch to it.

Construct is out of budget. Is Buildbox good for PC development + exporting to web. If not give me alternatives that are under $50 or Free.

Submitted (1 edit)

what are your qualities right now?

I think if you really have to switch, Unity3D would be a good idea. With a little help from a team, you could learn and get a cool game out.

Just my 50 cents. (oh, and it is possible to build in Unity3D without code).

Submitted (1 edit)

Just click on the embed button on the project page in scratch, put the code in a .html file, use that file as your project, then submit it to the jam.