SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My FiRsT BIG GaME JaM!

A topic by rocko33548 created 11 days ago Views: 545 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 9
(+1)

Hello! this is my first big game jam! any tips :D

Idk if this is a tip or not, but the most important thing to do is just to have fun no matter what. Also try not to over complicate your game, because you might run out of time. Most of the times the simple, but polished games win.

That's Right

This is my first Jam i hope it goes well

do you want an artist to help you ?

Submitted(+1)

Keep the scope of the game as small as possible, try and make it reasonably polished and bug free, and make sure not to submit last minute.

I've never done a game jam or made a good game, so hopefully I can do well

Submitted

Lean Your game as much as possible. one main mechanic only. and level design takes time, so dont put all of your time on code and art and put enough time to make fun levels. watch devlog for "mind over magnet" from GMTK .

Submitted(+1)

Don't rush to start. Spend time to think about the theme, about what you are able to finish.

Submitted (3 edits)

Keep the idea real simple for your first jam.  Stick to one scene and just a few controls.  Game jams are as much for practising as anything else.

A fun and short game jam entry is better than a long, boring one.

Don't leave submission until the last few minutes.  Uploading your game can take a while, as can getting the settings right.  For example, zipping your files correctly.

Also, make sure you actually submit your project via the button on the game jam overview page!  It's easy to forget stuff like that when you're in a rush.