SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

VR games

A topic by Dylan Smit created Jan 22, 2021 Views: 293 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 6

2 questions:

1. Are VR games allowed?

2. How many people here have a VR headset? (And which one?)

Hey,
1. Ye, for sure, just you will get much less downloads or rates (as not so many people got VRs)
2. Hard to tell, but from I've noticed on previous jams, there are not many people that got VR (it's worth trying to make a VR game on a gamejam tho).

Submitted

id play it and i have a quest 2

would you mind testing my game Shield Ball? It's on my Itch as well as SideQuest

Submitted

sorry can't use vr until a week today but if you send a reminder in a week or so I'll test it out. If you do a vr jam game I'll test that at the same time.

Submitted

also just to point out, you could try creating a vr game jam and seeing if some people join? Then all testers would be able to play. Not sure how many people are interested though

I made Shield Ball in the Dani Game Jam, but only got 3 ratings (and looked like they thought it was broken because it didn't work, while they probably didn't have a headset lol)

I don't believe that there is a big number of people that have VR headset, but you can still make a VR game tho.

Thanks for the responses. Maybe I'll join a later jam (:

I could test your game! HTC Vive is the one I use. Currently starting to study VR games as well. :)

Nice! Currently Unity XR management doesn't support HTC, so can't port to it untill OpenXR (yay) support improves