Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Is antialiasing allowed?

A topic by perprerp created Mar 22, 2022 Views: 426 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Antialiasing creates grey pixels, so is it allowed? This question goes for both 3D (automatic AA) and 2D (manually drawn AA).

Host(+1)(-3)

Antialiasing is not allowed. You can use dithering.

(+1)

This is what it says at the bottom of the overview:
“(The same color with different alpha channels is not considered separate colors.)

Surely that means that anti-aliasing (and for the record, gradients) are allowed since you'd just be using different alpha values for one of the colors to achieve those effects.
I think some further clarification regarding this issue is certainly warranted. 

Host(+2)(-1)

Yes, you are right, I will soon accept a list of rules about this topic. Sorry for the difficulties.

ThePC007 makes sense. Do you agree that the following is a black and white image?

... or would you count each antialiased pixel as a separate color? Antialiasing is a very small amount of pixels used to stop the art from looking like trash, not a way to circumvent the rules. The image is black and white. Also there is no way to replace antialiasing with dithering.

Host

Hello! Now there is a vote on topics of interest to many related to antialiasing and so on. So come to our server.

What does the "their analogues" mean for black and white if grayscale's not allowed? Does that mean you can use a dark blue and a light blue or something?

i think greyscales are allowed, but they aren't if your 2 colors are already black and white. if you chose grey and blue or something it would be allowed. (or really any color combination using a shade of grey)