Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How beginner is bigger really?

A topic by aldojack created Sep 22, 2020 Views: 467 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5

Hey :) 

Just curious what kind of level are we talking at beginner?

Little about my experience from the UK I went back to college last year at 30 did a little of c++ as my first basis of programming and found it interesting from around March started flirting with the idea that game dev could be a future career and have had some experience using unity from around June on and off 

(+2)

Man, It doesn't matter what level of beginner you are. For game jams in general. I did my first jam with only a couple weeks of UE4 experience under my belt, and I learned as I went. Here's my secret: Google. Literally anything you don't know can be found on the internet, whether on youtube, some random forum like reddit or stack overflow, and If you can't find it, just ask! The internet has many kind people that would be happy to help out! Game jams are in my opinion the best way to learn game development. So have some fun! Learn from your mistakes! And I hope you do well in the jam. Good luck!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I started making games three days ago... but I'm going to join this jam because I want to get good fast, and everyone who seems to be doing well say jams helped them push themselves.... so here I am. 

I imagine I'm not the only one that will be here with that mentality. 

i only know how to add components and create 3d modles and create mattireals

(+1)

Done 2 jams so far. I know I'm a beginner because I have a limited skill set but I'm good enough to bring an idea to life. I always try to do something new every jam. Idk what a beginner is but I'm not an expert.