Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Games by language

A topic by Gleefre created Nov 01, 2023 Views: 191 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted (3 edits) (+5)

I wrote a list of games by language for this jam as well :)

Please correct me if I got something wrong (or missed some information)!

Common Lisp

Fennel

Schemes

Urlang ("JavaScript with a sane syntax", made with Racket)

Clojure/ClojureScript

Bobbi lisp (inspired by Clojure)

Jam HostSubmitted(+1)

Thanks for doing this round-up! It's interesting to see the trends from jam to jam.

Submitted (1 edit)

I've been with Racket for a while, but made the switch to Urlang so that I could guarantee that more people could easily play my game (and also I don't have a compile farm to run out for each arch). I'm interested in the Guile Hoot thing, but no browser I use currently supports it, so will have to wait a bit. Nice list!

Submitted

By the way, should Urlang be counted as a different lisp or it is still Racket? I am kind of confused about this one.

Submitted(+2)

Racket is famously a "language to create languages", so Urlang is leveraging that capability inside Racket. It isn't Racket (or Scheme, even). The author calls it "JavaScript with a sane syntax", but it's a lot more than just a direct translation -- you can have macros and the Racket editor understands the syntax appropriately and does checking at compile time. Taking advantage of the macros, it also offers rich loop constructs and other conveniences. Number one advantage for me is I can use standard JavaScript libraries like three or mithril.js.

Jam HostSubmitted(+1)

The WASM features Hoot uses should be generally available in all major browsers by the end of the year, so definitely by the spring jam there will be no need to ask people to install a nightly/dev build.