SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Participation Prize Draw - To be drawn at 7am, 20 Jan, GMT

A topic by Adventuron created Jan 19, 2021 Views: 254 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Host

Hello All,

The placement prizes have been selected now, with Dethmunk opting to go in for the prize draw instead. That means one additional Pico-8 license is added to the prize draw.

To ensure that the prize draw is fair I'm using the following website.

https://www.randomresult.com/

I'm allocating numbers to the prizes, and numbers to the remaining prize draw participants.

Prize Number (in no particular order)

1. The Classic Adventurer - Special Edition (printed). Donated by Mark Hardisty.
2. Pico 8 License (3 of 5)- Donated by @lexaloffle
3. The Crimson Diamond - Digital Download (when released). Donated by Julia Minamata.
4. Pico 8 License (4 of 5) - Donated by @lexaloffle
5. Teletext Portrait by Steve Horsley - Donated by Steve Horsley.
6. Wiffle Lever to Full ! Physical Copy - Donated by Bob Fischer + personalisation.
7. Pico 8 License (5 of 5) - Donated by @lexaloffle
8. Twilight Inventory by Gareth Pitchford, Physical Copy.

I have created a list with the 8 remaining entrants (using the site shown above), so everyone will get a prize.

The site will randomize the list of entrants, and assign a number between 1 and 8 to each entrant. The number you are allocated will determine your prize using the list above.

So you can be sure that I'm not just pretending to randomise, or randomising until I get the result I want, I'm scheduling the draw for a fixed time. That time is 7am GMT (London time), tomorrow morning (20th Jan 2021), 10 hours from now at time of writing.

The URL for the prize draw is here (will not show result until 7am, on 20th Jan 2021, London time).

https://www.randomresult.com/ticket.php?t=2223810VDUMV

The number you are given will determine your prize.

Good luck everyone.

Chris

Host(+1)

Participation Prize Draw Results

Thank you to everyone for entering in the jam, and we are very lucky in this jam that there are enough participation prizes such that everyone will win something.

Here are the randomized prize draw results (selected via the scheduled draw on third party website here : https://www.randomresult.com/ticket.php?t=2223810VDUMV ).

Summary

• Dethmunk -> The Classic Adventurer, fantastic and beautiful bookazine.
  • Kieren Scott -> Pico 8 License, amazing fake retro console development environment.
  • Natrium729 -> The Crimson Diamond Digital Download, unbelievable EGA styled Sierra-esque graphics + parser (text) adventure, donated and created by Julia Minamata * This prize is a raincheck, and must wait until game is released, as per the description on the jam page.
  • Richard Pettigrew -> Pico 8 License, amazing fake retro console development environment.
  • Quizlock -> Teletext Portrait by the amazing teletext artist - Steve Horsley
  • bjbest60 -> Wiffle Lever To Full, personalised book on UK geek / sci-convention culture in the 80s. 
  • Garry Francis -> Pico 8 License, amazing fake retro console development environment.
  • Verdant Tone -> Twilight Inventory, book on UK text adventure games at the end of commercial viability period.

Redemption

Can everyone that wishes to receive their prize send an email to info@adventuron.io, so that I can arrange the prizes (some of which will be fulfilled by sponsors, some by myself).

Thank You Again

To everyone that took part, thank you. To all the sponsors thank you. Small incentives help to build tiny communities into small communities, and I'm so happy with the small community that is growing today. Everyone is so much appreciated.

Chris

Submitted(+1)

Thank you so much, @chris!

And thank you to all the sponsors!

Submitted(+1)

I'll second Errol's statement. A massive thanks to Chris and to the sponsors. 

Submitted

Thirded! This is very generous of everyone involved. I'm especially happy to have been selected for a book, as they look very interesting and I already have Pico-8.

Host(+1)

I'm very glad everyone had the opportunity to win something this time.

Please be sure send your postal mail details to info@adventuron.io so that the book can be dispatched. promptly