Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Beta Testing!

A topic by Errol created Dec 07, 2020 Views: 328 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Huzzah! I am on to beta testing! I got my sister to beta test it. 
She's not very familiar with playing parser based games, so I was happy I could have her test it. 

Adventuron has always emphasized putting in tutorials, and I never paid much attention to it until I started programming in Adventuron. So thank you for that! ^_^

And now I need to make some further changes. 

Whom do you usually get to beta test? 

Submitted

You can usually get some volunteers here. I'd offer to do it, but I'm just about to start on the graphics and that's going to take me ages.

Submitted

Oh, thanks! No worries, I'm probably going to pull from my normal beta testers... hopefully they'll be in to doing something a little different. :D

And I hear you on graphics taking ages... whooo boy.

Just remember to say to your betatesters use TSTART and TSTOP. Really useful for you later. Good luck!

Submitted

Thank you! You too! :D 
(I used to put that reminder in the game itself, but I didn't this time).

Submitted

So, I have about 10 or so beta testers so far, and opened it up to the public to find more beta testers. 

And already I encountered someone who did something I didn't foresee. Even with the tutorial.

I tried to train them to type "E" and "W" for directions. But after the tutorial was done, they typed "GO EAST" and "HEAD WEST".
More things to put into my game.
Parser based games are hard. *laugh*

Host

Congratulations Errol. A very polished entry.

Submitted (1 edit)

Thank you so much, Chris! :D I finally released to v 1.0.0 last night! ^_^

In the end, I was able to get about 30 beta testers, and they found SO MANY THINGS WRONG. It was great. 

Transcripts are super helpful.