SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I'm Building a Team - Chime in!

A topic by Rubikow created Feb 16, 2022 Views: 646 Replies: 26
Viewing posts 1 to 11
Submitted (1 edit)

Hi There! 

Nice to meet you! For this 7drl I want to assemble a team of talents instead doing a solo again. As a team lead for multiple teams in a big software company I think I have enough experience to pull this off ;)

So! Maybe I'm looking for you?

What's my plan?

• Assemble a team of experienced people
  • Have the team brainstorming and voting on the features of the game that we will create (you decide this together)
  • Create a Trello with all tasks needed for the game together with the team
  • Estimate how "big" each task will probably be (NOT estimating the time here, this is called agile!)
  • Order our tasks in Milestones, like : 1. minimal playable game that we could release, 2., 3. ... incrementally build upon the first release with more an more features.
  • Have a releasable but kind of low feature game early on in the development and then always build upon that to have a guaranteed game at the end.
  • Make everyone feel good and have fun

What do I look for?

• 2 or 3 - Programmers
  • 2 or 3 - 2D/3D artists
  • 1 or 2 - Composers
  • 1 or 2 - Story writers

You should have a good 1 to 2 years experience in what you are doing and be able to provide some samples of your work. 

My Experiences: 

• Organisation: As a scrum master and team head in a big software company I'm responsible for 4 teams and on time deliveries of new software and code as well as product managing. I'm using agile methods to produce new software fast and with as many features as possible. So I know how to organize teams and make people feel good at work :)
  • Programming: I have 15 years experience in programming and software architecture. I love game jams and at home I program in Unity, GameMaker, GDevelop, C#, Java, HTML5, Javascript and multiple Frameworks

Interested? 

Write me on discord or leave a reply here. :)

Happy game jamming!

Submitted

Hello! Have you found enough story writers for your team yet? 

I'm looking to join a team. I don't know if I am experienced enough for what you're looking for, but I'll let you decide that. I have a number of years of experience writing fiction in a personal capacity, and I have some years of professional experience as a copy editor. I've also done some game jams in the past. You can find samples here:

Thanks!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey! For now I have only you as the story writer ^^. So you are welcome to join here :) And I hope we find another one, so you can rest some times ;)

Can I reach out to you on Discord or any other platform?

Submitted(+1)

Yeah! My Discord is Fox#3756.

Submitted

Hi. Are you still looking for a music composer?
Here's my portfolio
https://soundcloud.com/pavel-pichugin-1

Submitted

You're welcome to join the team :) 

Submitted (1 edit)

Yep. Discord.

pa_pasha#6071

hola soy un artista 2d pixeleado y normal o ya tienes un artista 2d

Submitted

Hi! The concept of the game will be made once the team is assembled. Currently we have the two assignments above and you are welcome to join.

vale si se puede por email mi email es dominguezarnau17@gmail.com

Submitted

I wrote you an eMail ^^

Submitted (2 edits)

If you are still looking for programmers, drop me an email.

Here is my solo entry in last year’s 7drl: https://mkimball.itch.io/demonicdepths

(You can also see some other game jam games on my profile.)

Things I have some amount of experience with: C, C++, Python, Rust, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Godot, Phaser, Three.js, Raylib, OpenGL, Direct3D, PICO-8. Code samples here: https://github.com/matt-kimball

If needed, I can do mediocre pixel art or 3D models too. I modelled and animated these characters (based on pixel art done by another artist): https://matt-kimball.github.io/deepdark/

My email is matt dot kimball at gmail dot com.

Submitted

Nice Game! 

I dropped you an eMail!

Submitted (3 edits)

Hey if your still looking for 3D artist 

Here is my portfolio:
Sketchfab
ArtStation
My Discord: Spud#5548

Submitted

I sent you an invite!

Hi, I am a software developer and would love to join your team. While my main experience is in full stack web development, I do have some professional and project experience in Unity. Here is my GitHub: github.com/dandeduck

and discord: dandeduck#2109

Submitted

I'll invite you in on discord

Submitted

Looking to join the team if you still have room! Game design/Project mgmt/ Programmer. Tossed you a discord PM, my disc: TheBear#4344

Submitted

Got you!

Submitted

Hello! I am a music composer and sound designer and I would love to join your team :D 

Here is my portfolio: Jaime Music Portfolio

Also I leave my Discord here in case you were interested ^^ 

Amatsu#2068

Cheers <3

Submitted

Cheers! I sent you an invite on Discord :)

hello I would like to join your team I have some experience in programming I use game maker studio 2 here I leave you my disk #1521
Submitted(+1)

Heyy! I would love to help out with 3D art! I could also do 2D art, though I would really like to sharpen my 3D skill more ^ ^

Currently I started working as a software programmer, so I wanted to still stay in touch with games and art! :)

You could check out my work on my itch page and my website: https://kellyliang.co.uk/

Discord:  kellythekraken#0956

Submitted

You are very welcome! I sent you an invite

Don't think I can join, but I would still like to follow the development if possible.

Submitted

I'll ask the team ^^

If you decided, my discord is Aimainiac#1413.