Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

HYPE!

A topic by Beth and Angel Make Games created Dec 11, 2023 Views: 180 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+3)

Oh heck yes! We loved 12-word RPG Jam, and we're so excited to see this jam kicking off in the new year! 🥳 

Jam HostSubmitted(+2)

Woohoo!! So glad to see you’ll be thinking of making something for this! Do you have any ideas so far?

Submitted

Nope, I have three games to finish this week so I haven't thought about it yet 🤣 But I loved making our 12 Word RPG Collection last time :D I don't see making a whole sheet this time though lol. Munchie, a friend  of mine, mentioned the potential of doing a 24-word RPG zine which seems super valid. And I could totally see a sheet of a few bookmarks, etc.

Jam HostSubmitted(+1)

My goodness that's a lot of games!

We jam hosts are hoping to get some prompts out soon to help stir those creative juices... and all those formats you mentioned sound awesome!

Submitted(+1)

LOL thank you! I'm generally an "all or nothing" gal, especially when I find something I really like. I'd come up with a few of them together and then had like 5 or 6 so I figured I'd just make a single sheet, and Angel helped a LOT turning them from plain words into cards 🧡 

I LOVE PROMPTS, heck yes!

(+2)

I'm the Munchie who came up with the zine idea XD I'm trying to take care of a few things this week, but I can't wait to work on this next week! I'd love to make a full zine of 24 word games, and I'm going to challenge myself to *not* make them all roll tables this time ^.^;;

Submitted(+2)

OMG LOL ✨ALL THE ROLL TABLES!✨ 

I'm hyped to see what you come up with

Jam HostSubmitted(+1)

Roll tables are a great use of limited words!

Oh absolutely! I just got carried away with them for the 12-word RPG Jam XD So I'm trying to mix it up a bit with this one :3

HostSubmitted(+2)

That's a great idea! I keep starting "small" projects that gets bigger and bigger and spiral out of control. A collection of 24-word games is a really good framework!

(1 edit) (+1)

It's so much fun! I already have two ideas and I'm going to try to brainstorm at least two more :3