EDIT: Errors were result of bad rom and not the program.
Some feedback: I had a profile in the works for Castlevania that I was very happy with.
However, I started trying to get fancy with the merge objects and tile functions and ran into problems that have unfortunately, ruined the profile. 1. When merging objects or tiles, it will not "highlight" or allow me to adjust that object without reloading. Sometimes it doesn't take at all. 2. Once I had done a few objects that way, the settings started to become unstable even in areas that had been thoroughly tested. Oddly enough, the sprites for the character, items, and critters were all OK (set to Char if it matters) but the background started readjusting then staying that way. I had two full levels done...and now the depths are a complete mess when it was rock solid before I tried using those functions. To be fair, it might only be one of them but I don't know. 3. Objects that use to be individual became "merged" with other objects on their own (e.g. column in the first level were seperate and I had them slightly protruding but after the glitches started, they became all part of the background.
After it started acting up I tried one of the other profiles I was working on, "Metroid - mOther" and it worked exactly as expected as did Faxanadu (although it freezes when the first text ballon/box pops up.
I'm super excited about the potential of the merge and tile functions.