That's the right time for vr testing! Please let me know if you are still willing to beta-test 3DNesVR. Give me your contact then i will send you the package.
- Confirm the render bug on Nvidia card. I will fix it in the next release.
- Save state backward comparability is broken. Sorry.
- Exit button works on my side. Not so sure what make it don't work on your side. You can press combo Ctrl + X to exit.
- Switch to core architecture => possibility to use another emulation core
- Improve cpu, ppu, apu emulation accuracy as a whole
- Fix input latency issue
- Fix sound lag, cropping
- Reimplement of mmc3 mapper
- Porting Blipbuf to C# => code base is pure C# now
- Add Vrc2-4 mapper (21,23,25,27)
- Add Action53 mapper (28)
- Remove border masking => now you can observe the scene from trully 360 degree
- Add instancing shader, better rendering performance
- Onepass virtual reality rendering
- Smoother shadow rendering
- Add credits for BlipBuf and BizHawk project
- Save/Load backward compability is broken
It's very hard to understand correctly the issue without a screen shot :D
Anyway i guesses i can understand what you mean. For the newest version maybe i did adjust the default camera focal length.
So it makes the object look like being stretched in the z axis? Is it what you tried to describe?
If you have the Pro version, you will be able to adjust the camera focal length in the Trinus tab i remember correctly.
I wish i had nvidia 3d vision or 3d tv ... Lucky guys!
Thanks for your very detail feedback.
The root cause of input lag that you mentioned is because of the multi-thread switching since V1.1
I'm planing to re-implement video/sound/input handling in the next version to minimize the lag and give us an overall better user experience.
So let's wait for the next version release then :)
Hi, there are two solutions:
- Use mouse to drag the corners of 3dnes windows to enlarge it before switching to fullscreen
- Use Ctrl + Click 3dnes.exe to launch, a window will appear at start up allow you selecting different resolutions and window/full screen mode, even monitor to play (in case there are more than one monitor attached)
There will be Oculus/Vive support in the future! Just not right now.
- My Oculus is on the way from Europe.
- I will have to purchase a fresh new PC that is strong enough to work with VR Headset.
It just costs a lot of waiting time and money :)
Suppose that you already have the mario3.nes file.
Download the 3dn file
Put it in the same folder with the mario3.nes file and rename it to mario3.3dn
Launch 3dnes, open the rom mario3.nes and enjoy.
- Version 1.2.1 - 10/12/2016
- Fix the bug: wrong view orientation in FPS mode before first button press
- Fix the crash when press Exit button on fullscreen mode
- Fix object tracking implementation bug
- Reduce black line glitch when render large flat surface
- Version 1.2 - 06/12/2016
+ Reduce input lag
+ Support virtual reality with stereoscopic mode
+ Enable/disable vsync
+ TrinusVR intergration with head tracking(Pro feature)
+ First Person View gameplay and first person view control experimentation(Pro feature)
- Version 1.1.3 - 12/10/2016
+ Change emulation speed realtime
+ Change HotKey Marking - () -> red color
+ Fix manual input mapping issues in some controllers
- Version 1.1.2 - 22/09/2016
+ Add support for zipped rom
+ Add Save/Load State
- Version 22.214.171.124 - 20/09/2016
+ Fix a serious bug that make some background tiles not displayed
+ Gain a small performance improvement
- Version 126.96.36.199 - 15/09/2016
+ Fix bug: some buttons are not recognized in manual input mapping
- Version 1.1.1 - 12/09/2016
+ Add Manual Controller/Keyboard Mapping
+ Support fully two players mode
- Version 1.1 - 01/09/2016
+ Add Linux OS support (32/64 bits)
+ Add Mac OS support (universal 32/64 bits)
+ Move to multi-threading framework
+ Remove Wellcome Dialog
+ Add command line parameters support
+ Increase camera drawing distance
+ Decrease input latency
+ Improve overall performance
+ Improve 3Dification algorithm
+ Add various small bug fixes
- Version 1.1b4 - 26/07/2016
+ Doesn't automaticaly save 3dn file any more
- Version 1.1b3 - 26/07/2016
+ Fix: Frame Forward Buttons don't work
- Version 1.1b2 - 25/07/2016
+ Sprite Shape Pattern is Char by default (experimental)
+ Change hot key of frame forward buttons
+ Fix : 3dn saving corruption
- Version 1.1b1 - 12/07/2016
+ XInput support
+ Game Panel Dragable
+ Sprites sorting by location for easier navigation
+ bak - 3dn backup file
+ Light direction options: side stroller, top down ...
+ Option to render layer unknown sprite on foreground or background
+ Layers distance configurable
+ Add hotkeys for Adjust, Delete button, for Game Panel Toggle, Sprite Navigation, Frame Navigation
+ Option to change background color
+ Manual Document
+ Fix : Wrong cylinder zsize calculation
- Version 1.0 - 25/06/2016
My guess is there is always a free version and a paid version so the app doesn't ask for payment and will automatically install the free one. You should access payment dialog box from web interface.