I've just started playing this and I'm having a lot of fun with it! My first character was doing fairly well until I encountered spoilers on the 2nd level of the spoiler. Which left me with a few questions:
1) Does raising the Escape skill allow me to move faster in general, or is it only in specific situations?
2) Why can't I escape from combat via the stairs?
3) What's happening with the skill boosts at sunrise? Does the game track your actions and add points accordingly?
And then some other general questions and suggestions, if you care to read them:
4) Is there any reason why carry weight/capacity can't be viewable in the inventory menu, not just buried in the Character Details?
5) Also regarding inventory, it's a bit visually cluttered to read "uncursed" before nearly every item on the list than it would be without. Instead, maybe make unidentified items a lighter color and/or put a question mark or other symbol before to mark their status as unrevealed, while normal, identified items can just say "plate armor" or "cabbage."
6) Shouldn't skinning people and tanning them be frowned upon, like cannibalism is? I took Aurelion as my deity, and he didn't seem to have a problem with this -
(One of Garros' fellow graverobbers actually came out as a -blessed- pair of boots, which from a lore perspective is worrying.) Admittedly I wasn't really roleplaying it, just skinning whatever left a corpse to flog for ivory.
7) Is the pickaxe supposed to be usable on walls in some parts of Carcassia? I noticed in other persistent maps like the village and the keep I was prevented from using it, but I accidentally broke a wall in one of the city maps, C1 if I'm remembering right.
8) Is there a way to change autopickup settings in the game (besides toggling on/off with '!'), or do I have to edit the .ini each time?
Sorry for the long list of nitpicks! I'm loving this game and I haven't even seen half of it yet. The writing especially is beautiful!