So, the 4th of January I woke up with great news: we had the first two gameplays on youtube about Hotel Tycoon. That's great! Soo great! We saw the both gameplays and we realised that the game needs more explanations. You can do more things than you think! So, we decided to make a little tutorial and make everything more understandable.
Also, we got two new teammates: WNDIGO (music composer) and eFlex (sound designer) and a bunch of testers to show you the best!
- Tutorial. It will be open when creating a new game, but if you want to open the tutorial on a loaded game, press T. It explains everything you need to know to start the hotel.
- New furniture: vending machine (works like the mini fridge, but can be used by all guests and holds up to 24 drinks), window (Structure -> Walls), hotel certificate (decorative and expensive, adds 0.02 to the hotel prestige), bin (Furniture -> Kitchen), picture (Furniture -> Decoration), sofa (Furniture -> Administration -> Common room), table for two (like the other table, but holds up to 2 guests). The vending machine replaces the mini fridges in case the guest doesn't have one in his room, but now mini fridges will add 10€ to the room base price.
- Added time system. 10 real seconds = 1 game's hour. Every 24 game's hour = 1 game's day. Also, added a gray background and a light that simulates the day light.
- Added day/night cycle. From 20:00 to 06:00 will be considered night. At that time, lights will be turned on and guests won't spawn.
- Added tooltips for the things on build mode. Now, everything is explained (just move the cursor above the items). Also, a green mark will appear around the object selected.
- The windows of the objects (like mini fridge, freezer, supplies…) now appears when the mouse is over, and are prettier.
- Added storage type for storage places: click on the "Storage type: food/drink/CleanerThings" button to change it. Food is the default storage type.
- Now, for every cleaner you will need one cleaner's shelf.
- Cleaner's shelfs now holds up to 10 cleaner's things.
- Changed the base price room from 350€ to 20€, but now the guests will pay that price for every night they have been in the hotel.
- Changed Administration's categories: changed "cleanning" for "workers" and "lobby" for "common room". Inside workers: reception, cleaner's shelf, storage place. Inside common room: vending machine, sofa.
- Changed door and glass door category, now they're on the "Structure -> Walls" tab, with the wall and the new window.
- The guests have become clever. Now, they have a pre-made schedule, so all guests will be sleeping during night / eating in morning, mid day and night (ones will go later, others earlier). The only random events are showering, going to the toilet and buying drinks. We need more guests interactions! Also, the guests' spawn system has been changed. The first days there will spawn less guests (2-3) per day. To get more guests, you have to get more prestige (building or having happy guests)!
- All workers will be paid at 00:00 every day. Changed base workers payment. Also, cooks now cook faster.
- Toilet's object has been reworked a bit. No more toilet-vase!
- Now the doors open and close.
- The guests' counter now only shows the in-hotel guests.
- New options menu.
- Now you'll start with 10000€.
- Added music and a lot of sounds!
- Cleaners cleaning the same bed.
- Workers without work staying in the last place they brought things to.
- When loading a game, guests wouldn't appear.
- Fixed visual bugs related to the reception and the shower.
- Infinite supplies boxes when loading a game.
- A bunch of bugs related to the guests.
See you in the next update!
By the way, if you want to see the gameplays: