Hi everyone, first time on posting on itch.io! I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this, so please let me know if this is annoying ha :P
So recently I had a developer acquaintance suggest that I do some royalty-free music as a way to spark some collaboration with devs (and simply contribute to the community cuz gamez r gr8). I'm a composer with a master's degree (who cares, right?) and a few game projects under my belt (much more important), so initially I dismissed the idea, thinking I should be paid for my work. However, my stance is shifting, so I thought I'd dip my toe in the pool by releasing the tracks I wrote for a little 'get-to-know Unity' game project that I did myself.
Here is a link to the .zip file on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kaFT89s5eJMHgtaVdxcy1kQ00/view?usp=sharing
If this library is useful for you, and some sound effects to match would also be useful, reach out to me and I'll upload those too (as CC0).
Here is a link to listen on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/neil-quillen/sets/music-from-the-extraordinary
Here's a link to the game project in case anyone is interested: http://www.neilquillen.com/blog/2016/4/2/presenting-the-extraordinary-bit-man-i-made-a-game
And, of course, this is where you can find out more about me and hear more of my music: www.neilquillen.com
The license these are under is the CC Attribution.
Now here are the questions I have:
- Is this little library useful for anyone? If yes, why? If not, why not?
- What makes a free library useful for a game designer? Variety? Consistency?
- What's the most efficient/useful platform to share a library such as this?
- Which licenses are fine, and which ones render a library unusable/unattractive?
- Have you/would you go on to ask a composer of a royalty-free library for an original score?
Thanks so much in advance, and I hope these tracks can be useful to some of you!