The first update to Field of Fate since its original build is now here! In the game, you will notice on the title screen and in the bottom right corner of the menu there is now text saying "Version 0.1.0". This is where you'll be able to keep track of which version of the game you're playing, should you ever need to know.
Version 0.1.0 fixes a bunch of things I didn't like about the prototype build, addresses several points of feedback from the prototype feedback thread, and starts laying the groundwork for the game to expand out into a larger project. Here are the details of what's changed:
Field of Fate Version 0.1.0
- Added the Codex.
- Accessible via the main menu, or by clicking on trait names and unit titles, the Codex is a compendium of information about various aspects of the game. New topics will be added to it in future updates as the game becomes larger.
- Added several new types of units.
- Alongside the traditional chess-based units, 5 original types of unit have been added.
- Re-balanced all unit stats.
- Health and damage values for all unit types have been tweaked as the first step in the ongoing process of balancing.
- Battle grid now shows a green preview of where a unit can move when you mouse over it.
- Added new map generation logic for a greater variety of enemy encounters.
- Your first 3 summons are now balanced instead of being completely random.
- Added support for different aspect ratios when playing the game fullscreen.
- Changed the UI for gaining summoning XP, and sped up the animation.
- Sped up some of the movement and battle animations.
- Julian made some tweaks to a couple of the music tracks.
- Added new icons for all traits.
- Added version number labels to various places in the game.
- Fixed a bug where a unit's traits gained through relationships would sometimes not count.
- Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes lock up when transitioning between scenes very quickly.
- Attempted to fix a bug where shaders did not render properly on some machines.
Thank you to everybody who tried the prototype and offered their feedback! This update is the first of what I hope to be many, as I start building out Field of Fate into the larger game that I want it to be. Please let me know what you think of this new version in this thread!