🤑 Indie game store🙌 Free games😂 Fun games😨 Horror games
👷 Game development🎨 Assets📚 Comics
🎉 Sales🎁 Bundles

Pama - a NSFW asymmetric multiplayer arena

A topic by Satyr created 18 days ago Views: 45
Viewing posts 1 to 1
(Edited 1 time)

Here we go, while still looking for some help with the netcode and, unfortunately, little feedback so far; I am still going to tune up this idea.. and also learning a bit more of coding. The original plan was to give 100% Patreon funding (first goal) to the one willing to cover the seat, but I guess I'll have by my own way alone if anyone else is up to.

Previously: after some random browsing, I found this excellent project given in free MIT license. OpenCombat a simple, yet effective, fps arena or Godot Engine anyone can use to start their own project. And so did I: after tinkering a bit (mainly cut out features and include two royalty free characters found in internet (a Nymph exported with MakeHuman and a Minotaur ) I was able to set down the foundation of the whole concept

(not much to see, just a lovely Nymph walking around a fearsome beast)

My very first action was to set a basic concept and some media (pictures and videos) to illustrate the very basics of an enhanced tag game; in my mind were already rushing tons of idea about perks and skill each of the two class (satyr and nymph) may have, but I had to keep things most realistic possible. There are two big factors one can't ignore while drafting a whole concept for a game.

1) if they are actually possible (both for technical and content production)

2) game balance, big issue within an asymmetrical multiplayer arena

Here:  https://satyrs.itch.io/pama you can find both the draft and the demo.


The first problem with OpenCombat arose quickly, this project appear to be abandoned, and seems to be no trace of possible export to Godot3, even worse...I can't even use the latest update of Godot2. OpenCombat was made in a narrow space of Godot2 production when it briefly supported high level networking. Godot 2 high level networking was discontinued in favour of the third iteration of the engine. As result you can't even use the latest stable Godot 2: you need to use a very specific commit in the unstable branch of Godot2: not ideal.


I tried by myself to export the part of OpenCombat towards Godot3 and I have already crashed to the first wall:  unable to understand if the issue is caused either by me messing with the code, or Godot3 being still in alpha stage I had to take a pause and ask for help directly to the community.

In meanwhile the code is blocking me, I am trying to push forward in other directions.

after a more careful reading of turbosquid ToS I came up a problematic limitation they place on their models: you can redistribute them using open formats: I plan to use, modify and redistribute all the artistic assets coming with the game within CC0 license. So, the minotaur model is now cut out! I found other good resources for a proper Satyr to include in the project

Not much help there, either, but I am getting everyday more confident with my blender skills: if messing with code won't suck up all my time available, I think I'll be able to provide quite some provisional assets to use for a playable prototype.


Meanwhile, I've found help from a very skilled artist who made a concept for a gorgeous Nymph I would love to see in the game: (nsfw link: hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/FewScrewsLoose/542482/Mystical-nature-lady  ) a friend of mine also game me the definitive idea I am looking as per art-style: which will be very cartooney looking (I hope to show some (SFW) sample picture soon once lines polished).

That's all or now.


I'll leave the link for the main draft again, just to be sure for those who wanted to skip the whole TL;DR here :)


https://satyrs.itch.io/pama