Hi, Six Eyes. This demo was awesome! Impressive stuff, seriously. I can tell you're true FFT fans, haha. This is shaping up to be a cool, modern take on the genre. There's so much to praise, from the overall design, to the characters, to the little extra touches, like the detailed camp scene in the party menu.
Tiny bits of feedback (I'm using a 13-inch 2013 Macbook Pro, OSX 10.9.5):
- The icons for different types of skills are a little grainy and hard to distinguish from one another when scaled down. They looked a little better with the game at the largest resolution.
- The text-color difference between learned and non-learned skills could be bigger (i.e. the unlearned skills' text could be darker to help differentiate them).
- Spell animations are generally cool, but there's some "oomph" missing. Maybe if you darkened the screen during a spell animation so the effect stands out more? Just a thought!
- The SFX for the confirm button is a little squeaky/grating, at least on my computer.
- The Peddler is an interesting class, but it was frustrating to fight one! I hope there's eventually some way to sense traps before you step on them. A passive skill, perhaps? Or an active skill that just reveals all traps on the field? :)
- I think I found a bug.... Either Loading or Continuing from the title screen sets all unit's AP to zero? I think? I'm not sure what caused that for me if it wasn't quitting to title & then Loading/Continuing. Seemed like it was happening on both Load and Continue (I never saw that AP again!), but I didn't dig super deeply.
That's all I could think of. Again, really amazing work here. Thanks again for making & posting a Mac version! I don't have any issues to report regarding that, specifically. I was also stoked that my Logitech controller was supported!