Yes, that is normal. It's currently just a small experimental demo game for RPG in a Box, so there are still a lot of features remaining to be implemented.
Recent community posts
No problem! :) Is there a particular feature or type of functionality you're interested in? I don't have specific dates for anything at the moment, but from here on out I plan to gradually build out the combat systems along with everything else.
Hi Ofihombre, yes, all of those battle system features have always been planned. The minimap will return once I've redesigned it. I'd recommend following along with the development on my Trello board: https://trello.com/b/DOouCUhR. As listed there, I am currently working on some of the new combat-related mechanics. I'd also recommend joining my Discord server to stay more up to date with the status of my work: https://discord.gg/zXqqqPj. And I'm sure everyone there would love to see what you've been creating so far with RPG in a Box!
Hi Ofihombre, thanks, it's good to hear from you! Yes, unfortunately the migration can take a while depending on the size of the maps as there is a lot of data to process and rebuild. If it continues to get stuck, one thing that may be helpful is to remove any *.rpgiab files in your intermediate export folder (the one with the game.export file) that have already been processed by the the import tool, and then import the project again. For example, if it's already processed the "test.map" successfully, you can remove "test.rpgiab" from the "maps" folder and then run it again.
Yes, I plan to! Over this past year I've been working on migrating its engine (RPG in a Box) over to Godot 3, once I'm a bit further on that I'll be revisiting Dungeon in my Pocket to also upgrade it and continue building it out.
- Added a button to the Model Properties panel for hiding the top section (as a workaround for the Light Source setting being out of view on lower resolutions).
- Added “Set Entity Light Diameter”, “Set Entity Light Intensity”, and “Set Entity Light Attenuation” scripting functions (only available in quick scripts for now). The third parameter (time in seconds) is optional for each.
- Example: set_entity_light_intensity(entity[“torch”], 1.5, 1)
- Fixed an issue where the application could crash when attempting to open a game project with a missing dialogue font.
Yeah, I think that should work fine since my main concern was the clutter of games in the list that are incorrectly tagged with the engine. I don't imagine this is something that would happen often, but as long as there's a way to have them hidden/removed to prevent them from remaining in the list forever, that would be great. I'm kind of confused as to what the two projects in question even are, but I suppose that's a different discussion, heh. Thanks so much for the help! :)
No problem! I probably didn't explain that very well initially, sorry about that! My page is already set up that way, but I was wondering if there's a way to remove items from the listing where I go to approve them. I may be overlooking it, but I believe there are only buttons to Approve or Delist, not one to remove the project completely. Thanks!
Hello! I noticed in my dashboard that I've had two products incorrectly tagged as using RPG in a Box for their engine. Is there a way to reject these from the list so they will no longer appear? Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I sent an e-mail to support a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. Thanks in advance!
Hi Askhat! Thanks for the feedback, these all seem reasonable for the most part. I think shaders and exporting to mobile devices will be more involved and come later than the others, but are features I can look into down the road (in fact, mobile device export is already on my Trello "planned" list, as I think Godot 3.0 will have better support for these platforms).
I'll likely come back to you once I'm further along to get some more details and examples around this feedback! :)
Hey James, thanks, I hope you're doing well also! I'll be making the keys available once it gets closer to the start of Early Access and I have a proper build set up on Steam. I'm shooting for around the end of the year, so hopefully it won't be too much longer! :)
Thanks Armaan, I appreciate that! :) I think that could definitely be a possibility once the scripting/interaction systems are further along in maturity. In the current state, you could probably achieve this to a limited extent with some dialogue choices letting the player decide what to place in predefined locations based on the player's inventory contents.
Hey Armaan, thanks for the message! Things are still going great! I've been mostly reworking the script parser and some other behind the scenes sort of stuff for v0.5, so unfortunately there hasn't been anything visually interesting to share recently.
I think what you're wanting to do will definitely be possible later on. The details aren't worked out yet, but I have plans for some "custom UI" functionality in the UI Editor for creating custom windows and widgets to complement the predefined ones. It will be a bit involved and come sometime after the v0.5 release, but it for sure is on the roadmap. And no worries about using RPG Maker, haha. RPG in a Box is meant to be its own thing anyway, so they each can serve their own purpose. :)
Hey Askhat, thanks for the message! :) I definitely plan to add support for projectile-type weapons, but it will most likely be sometime after the v0.5 release when I begin to focus more on combat systems and related mechanics.
- Fixed an issue where using double quotes in an item name and then specifying that item as loot for an enemy would result in the Enemy Editor failing to load enemy data.
- Fixed a “black screen” issue that could occur when loading a battle map.