ok i pull up
Recent community posts
Top-down classic zelda-like where you play as a pirate looting treasures and goods in islands while trying to maintain your five senses (sight, sound, smell, taste and touch) healthy. It was made in under 3 hours for the Trijam #167.
Hi, first of all thanks for playing! 😊
Yes, the trees were supposed to have utility but I had to scrap it because I wouldn't be able to implement an Inventory system + items effects in the time I had left, hence why they spawn with a variety of different fruits - the player was supposed to pick them to heal different senses.
About the restart button: it was supposed to have one upon death 🤔(both by HP and any sense going to 0). Only thing I can think of is if you died by getting your sight to zero? There might be some overlapping of the panels... I wasn't able to test that 😭 Unless you're talking about restarting midgame, if so, that's a good idea I didn't think of at the time 😭
thanks for the kind words 🌶️
Also thanks for reminding me... I forgot to add a Credits screen 😳
- I made the characters, few props and most VFX (skills, statues, clouds, etc);
- most UI art is from game-icons.net (their collection is AMAZING);
- shader is Quibli -- it's very tweaked and I played a lot with post processing;
- for the dungeon walls, ground and most props in the dungeon I used Top-Down Dungeons 2, tho I think it's not fitting the theme so I might change a good chunk of it;
- terrain textures are stuff I edited and/or merged together from polyhaven.com, Enviro and Lumo-Art 3D's FREE Stylized PBR Textures Pack.
- and IIRC I used one VFX from Zakhan Spells Pack.
Also I think the only thing I kinda "had made" before the jam is the UI design, which is almost the same as in the main project I'm working on.
Thanks a lot for the report! Also I'm sorry the Browser version runs subpar, I'll probably have to disable it for the time being since I don't currently have time to check on this project :(
I'd love to hear your opinions on the game if you get to test the downloadable version, tho!