Nice to have any progress again :) I updated viking sprite and changed navigation buttons behavior - now you can keep a button pressed for fast move in some direction.
Recent community posts
I checked your game and found some bugs:
- character does bzzzzz when he was stopped by barrier;
- in second level I got next situation: Red left the level, Blue died, but level wasn't reloaded;
- when enemy was shooted, next arrows got stuck in him instead of flying forward
- I can step into enemy tile from the back
Thanks for your feedback. Now scoring system check how many items were restored (if max score is 500 and you restored 50%, you will get 250). I calculate steps count, but now it wasn't assigned to the scoring system.
I will add items counter on the top and temporary highlight of walk over-able objects.
Thanks for your feedback! I will add new levels with the garden and several buildings, so game will be not limited by one building. Also, I will add level editor, so everybody will be able to make own puzzles.
Thank you for your review!
- It's an early build, I'm trying to show all available mechanics in these levels.
- I will make world map, levels selector and volume control asap, just busy with work and study.
- Now players really can finish level with 5 or 0 percent progress (in debug purposes). When levels selector will be ready, I will set the limit by 75%. If you didn't reach 100%, you will not be shown in the leaderboard.
- I will review nav buttons speed, maybe I will allow doing auto-steps (when hero do steps while you keep key pressed).
- It's a helpful idea about destroyed items counter, maybe I will add a button to highlight all unfixed items also.
- You are right that game is adapted for mobile screens, I will publish this game in Google Play after the alpha stage.
- About axe - when the hero is naked, he cannot "fix" large objects. Later it will be part of the puzzle, now it's more like proof of concept.
- I would like to add levels editor and multiplayer also.
So thank you, you showed a lot of moments, which I can fix and improve.
Hi! In my game player should restore the hero’s path from the bed to the front door, visiting each destroyed item only once. I got the feature request about something like a tavern brawl. I met with the problem - restored items just stay on the same place, but people cannot. They cannot follow the hero, because in playback it will seems like they run from the hero. They can do some random movements, but it can seems strange. Do you have any ideas?
It is necessary not only to have the progress in the game logic and the content but also to keep the code clean and scalable. Current build contains the next changes:
- level-specific info like start and end positions were moved to Tiled map;
- added technical availability to run levels in random order;
- added step count in level summary;
- added availability to add intro text to some levels;
- fixed some bugs.
Hi! I have been working on my indie game.
This game is a puzzle about a viking's hangover. You have to restore the path from the bed to the front gate and "repair" each destroyed thing. This path is reversed, it is a significant difference from other puzzles and this feature can produce additional fun and open new mechanics.
I am looking for people to give me some feedback on how I can improve these devlogs and how I can improve my game.
So, if that sounds like something that would interest you, come get a look!
You can check demo here https://vmikhav.itch.io/olaf-the-boozer
Hi! I took part in Global Game Jam and did the game about the viking who woke up, saw destroyed interior and tried to remember how he did it. So the player should restore viking's path from the front gate to the bed by items restoring and he cannot cross already restored items.
Thanks) I already have ideas how to make nice hyper casual game from this material, but it will be a bit another game. I will make only one level, where you need find as many sheep as you can. And instead of forest background and runes I will use forest run and symbols.