hi! Might be too late but macs can't play just an .rar file. Somehow you didn't include the folder with the game's assets. I would love to play this game, somehow!
Recent community posts
Hey all, just finished my first playthrough of the demo. I'm a big fan of the game so far, and I think it has the potential to be even more amazing.
- I love the setup, how the characters are advising their creator on his not-so-great first novel. It's so original, and it's executed perfectly as well. It also is perfect for the VN format. I like that you choose who to talk to by going to different rooms of the house, and how each character wants the novel to turn out differently. I also like that you included an 8-day time limit so the player knows just how much time they have left in the game.
- The art is fantastic, both the character sprites and the background art. The characters look realistic and unique, and fit their descriptions. Kudos!
- The GUI is really nice, I love the memo-pad and sticky note theme.
- My favorite character so far is Dee Dee, second is Georgio/Scott. I just love how original Dee Dee is, she's this crazy thug woman in a pinstripe suit with brass knuckles, what's not to love? I also love Scott's crotchety-ness, its a fun contrast to the modern-ness of Ramfis, Elizabeth and Barry.
- Too much references! References are fun once in a while, especially when they add to a character (like Scott liking AC/DC). However, the sheer amount of references weighed the dialogue down and felt excessive. An example of this is the dialogue between Elizabeth and Ramfis on the first day of the rewrites. They only communicated in references for about 30 lines of dialogue and to be honest I ended up skipping through most of it because it just seemed unnecessary.
- I feel like Elizabeth wasn't developed (or maybe just wasn't as fun) as the other characters were. She's young and she likes movies, is that all to her? I feel like there should be a hook like there is with the other characters. What's interesting or unique about her? Also, I'd change her age to a little older. She looks 18 at the youngest.
- Too many modern terms! Way too much. I still can't believe Ramfis says "YOLO it!" Dialogue like this will get dated really fast, and might seem embarrassing to future players.
- I would elaborate on the character's visions for the novel. Scott's vision of a best-friend road trip and Barry's aid in Scott's quest for a woman were satisfying so far but I would love to hear just a little more about Dee Dee and Elizabeth's story goal. Add a little more YA-Fiction cheesiness to Elizabeth's dystopian future, how about an evil society, or a love triangle? There's so much potential to draw on the hilarious tropes of YA bestsellers. And Dee Dee's vision is missing a little bit of crime action, I would think with her tough persona she would mention a little bit more to her pulse-pounding action novel, maybe some other tough characters to contend with or who are after the cure, or Scott's fortune?
So far I think the demo is great, and I will be recommending it to a few people I know! There's not a lot that needs improvement, just a little dialogue changes, editing out references and modern slang would improve the game even more.
I wish you luck on your game and can't wait to play the full version!
I love the intro sequence- it was very cinematic. I also love the dialogue, you really know how to give your characters personality.
The demo was a little too short. However, it does grab your attention.
I'm also not a fan of the font being used in the speech bubbles. It looks very basic. It might look better if it was tinted.
I'm looking forward to a longer release!
Thank you for the most realistic President Simulator ever made! I felt like I was Obama sitting at the Oval Office ready for a day of... Obama isn't the president anymore? Well he is in 2k15 so there.
President Simulator 2k15?
SleepyAgents, your games need more love!
The atmosphere in this game is so coollllll and I love all the visual effects. Your games always make me feel confused but impressed at the same time. Good work :)
I love love love the game so far, the world building is SO interesting! I also love how the main character is male yet very feminine, that's so unique! (I actually thought he was a girl until reading the guidebook!)
However, I am stuck, so please help me!
I'm at the part where Ratsu will accompany you somewhere, I've already healed Riku and Hare (although they are still stuck together). I've tried all options on everyone, cursing everyone, healing everyone, healing when not cursed, and the flower spell. Nothing seems to be progressing the game. I also tried looking in the guidebook but it doesn't say anything about this part in the game.
What do I do?
Ahhhhhh this was so good! It's a shame it was so short. I frickin love the art style, it was amazing. The setup and dialogue were perfect,- it felt right out of a manga. I played as the male Cleric (I chose a name so didn't see his preset one) and his voice acting was spectacular. Awesome job!
Yay! I remember wanting to play this game last year (I'm the jerk who said it didn't work on my computer, remember me? Hopefully not!) Now I'm really glad I got to play the new demo because it was ah-ma-zing!
I chose Mer because I liked his sweet, sad expression. But the other lads were all so cute, it was a hard choice!
I personally really love Princess Charming. I feel you did a great job with her character, she's likable and never boring! I love her playful dialogue with all the characters, and that she always has a good first impression of everyone she meets (except Ellis haha!)
Now I'm excited for the full version- can't wait to find out everyone's delicious backstory!
OK OK OK dare I say it- this may be my favorite VN ever? Really? YES!
It was perfect!!!!!! I loved every single thing about it. The pacing was wonderful and the story was so beautiful and unique! I loved the references to London punk culture and the quirkiness of each and every character.
Congrats on gaining a fan! Bc your work is just amazing!
hmm... Sorry but didn't like it very much. I wanted to, but I didn't.
You wrote great lines to get me intrigued- I was expecting a hilarious parody of the VN genre, all the "sincere, ironic, and sarcastic" lines you mentioned. Instead it had weird dark-humor/dry lines that didn't make sense and felt like they were trying to be really insightful but came off as weird and boring. Also there were too many references to terms that were either made up or too obscure for anyone to know. The dialogue was broken up into sections that were too long.
I kinda felt cheated by what I got. You should change the description of the game so that it accurately reflects the content.
However, I love your art. It's honestly perfect. Your character design is great too, and I love the format of their conversation, the two close ups with changing expressions.
I really wish you could channel your beautiful art and character design into a VN with better, less strange dialogue.
This was the weirdest game. ever.
The first data file is corrupt. The second data file says theres 2 hours into it. The game isn't even explained at all, and the dialogue doesn't even make sense. You're digging on the roof? Why are you paying? Stuff is apparently happening to you, and sometimes you dig up "this". What is it?
After you win, the game just quits on you too, it disappears. Wild.
Throughout it was entertaining. Not really sure why this game was even made but glad it was.
Hi- here to give some feedback!
-I really loved the tone of the story, the beautiful sky, the bright, crisp colors. And the music was wonderful!
- I loved playing as a young professional man, I feel like men are way underrepresented in VNs, especially adult men.
-Almost all of the characters were drawn very well, the main character was excellent, so were all of the young characters we met.
- I also loved that it was slice of life. And I do agree that it would be better as a shorter story than a longer one. It would be nice if there would be a lot of short branches and many different possibilities in the one/two days instead of only a few long branches.
-I loved that there was a lot of choices and short concise dialogue.
-In the work route, there's a chunk of time where there is complete silence and no music is playing.
-The coworker isn't drawn very well and is not the same style as the other characters.
-When you visit the pastry shop, the dialogue between the male employee and the male main character is really really weird. It's like they are hitting on each other. It's not very pleasant.
Overall, I thought this was a great VN that has the potential to be even more interesting and engaging. I wish you luck with your work on this and making it complete!
This was really good! I loved the unique art style and I thought the dialogue was extremely well written, possibly the most well written out of all of the ren'py games I have played so far.
I have only done Mithamoore's route so far but it was super cute. I would love to do Sareth's route, if I can find out how.
Hi! Fun but no way to stop sliding on walls. Also, Impossible to beat part of mysterious dungeon part 2 where it requires you to wall jump but there is no platform to stand on after jumping, just spikes. The level is where the arrows are perpendicular to each other and there is also a neon-pink fencing at the end of the level.
Thank you for updating the tutorial. The game is actually easy to pick up, and is really fun. The speed of the game definitely makes it enjoyable, and I like the ranking of missions and real-time leaderboard. Good work!
I am really intrigued by your game and am excited to try it but I can't even get past the frickin tutorial.
I had to change all the default keys bc they were crap. Even then i couldn't do the "Rocket jump".
The "tutorial" should teach you how to fire so you can actually get up the frickin rock. Yours just says "Do it."
The "jetpack" or whatever wasn't even explained either.
What's the use of making a great game if users can't get past the first level to enjoy the content?
I downloaded the app directly from itch.io.
I use Windows 10 and Norton Antivirus. When I tried to open the .exe file after extracting the files in the zip file, it loaded for a long time on my computer. It never opened and it caused my screen to go black and only the cursor and dock was seen. I tried to log out and it would not, I had to manually shut off the computer. When I turned it on again it was extremely slow, Norton Power Eraser did not run correctly and would not close after giving an error. My antivirus was, for the most part, disabled. The virus scans seemed to get stuck on a temp file somewhere.
After giving it a few days, it seems my computer is working as normal. Not sure what happened but my guess is that there was a virus somewhere.
I have the rKill script on my computer somewhere if that would be useful.