keyRight was not set before reading it. Meaning you haven't created that variable.
Recent community posts
Because I show you all of this for free in the videos. The source is a bonus or for people who want a quick solution. It also gives people a way to give one off donations of sorts if they can't support via patreon. =)
Hi sorry I'm late. Weird version bug. Change the line in the bonk state from
"image_index = CARDINAL_DIR-2"
"image_index = CARDINAL_DIR+2;"
instead. For some reason they've stopped image_index wrapping properly when negative.
The link should work and works on my end. It is a direct link to the file so it will start downloading automatically. (Hence the open and close tab effect you're describing.) Check your downloads!
For other people struggling with this, scripts changed in 2.3 and have to work differently. The source code will work as GameMaker will convert the scripts to the new style.
I have made a video explaining this issue:
This sounds like a GameMaker cache issue. If importing a big sprite has caused your texture pages to be rearranged it might simply have confused GM's internal knowledge about where a sprite is kept on what sheet. The shader doesn't do *any* calculations as such when it comes to a sprites location or position. It just uses the built in GM functions for finding these things.
Try running the 'clean' option on your project, reloading the IDE, etc. As you discovered, simply adding another sprite was one potential fix.
I'm not discounting the possibility of it being an issue on my code's end but given that it doesn't manually interact with any texture sheet positioning I'm finding it hard to identify what an issue on my end could be.
PS. Apologies for such a late response, I only just caught your comment on one of my videos.
Unfortunately I struggled to cast spells properly in this one until I dug through the code to find they were in fact tied to the left and right arrow keys?
I always like the use of menus that are built into the game environment, walking left for exit and right for starting etc.
Good job, hope you learned lots! =)
Simple and fun platformer. Be careful with your procedural generation as it seems to like placing all of the wizards in a big clump quite often! Allows for rapid playthroughs but wastes a lot of arena space. If you take this further I'd maybe play with your character's physics a bit as his jumping and gravity are both very strong right now!
Good job =)
A nice deadbolt-a-like. There's an interesting tension you build by having a long cool down between shots, though I think a lot of the game currently comes down to shielding yourself with doors! =)
There was a bug when I ran this initially of I believe the player falling through the ground? I was able to fix it though!
Cool little entry, sort of a platforming tetris... sort of!
The combo system was a neat little touch, although having it affect your magic radius means eventually you can reach a point where repeatedly hitting the left mouse button allowed you to combo into any new block that appeared on screen while descending as slowly as possible!
Lots of potential in this one, neatly presented and with fitting music!
An interesting one. I like the idea of the one large "journey" the player undertakes rather than a sequence of levels. I unfortunately failed, only bringing 3 followers to the very end. I feel like I was often waiting for followers to catch up with me, although their frantic behaviour when meeting an enemy was cool.
It would perhaps help if there was a way to predict the spawners more readily, as enemies can very suddenly spawn on top of you before you are able to react.
Cool submission, good job!
This is an interesting concept! I really like the overall idea here, I think with the level design going forwards I would try and restrict the player's available space more so they're forced to deal with the guards and there isn't too much wasted space.
A great little idea would be cool to see this one developed further!
Very solid. The effect when hitting multiple orbs in sequence works really well. I didn't manage to finish the whole thing but you did a good job of mixing up each level and enticing progression just with silly simple dialogue unique to each level.
Interesting submission! I can tell you spent quite a bit of time trying to learn shaders for this one, so good effort! Hopefully the things you learned will be useful to you in the future. =)
I'm not sure if the code you submitted is up to date as it produced many different code errors when I tried to run it on the Windows target. If it is, be careful when only testing in HTML5 as some errors will occur "silently" and while the game will continue, this can lead to many other problems later!
Well done =)