Please join our discord server, and say hi in the #macos_port channel. I'll be able to spend time on this later today...
Recent community posts
That's because you unzoom the graph. If your graph is too big, you should start creating node groups.
I cannot really change that behaviour, it's provided by Godot (and the connect zone is already bigger than the default one).
The addon part is obsolete, for now. It is possible to make it work, but has little value for now (export from standalone tool is smooth). I will probably make it work again in a few months.
Hmm did you try the predefined brushes in the brush panel? Clicking the checkboxes just enable the different channels of the brush, but you still have to create the brush graph.
Please don't hesitate to join us on Discord if you need help. It's much more convenient than this comment section.
That was a special release for April Fools in 2020. It worked, but I was not satisfied with the result, so those features are not in Material Maker anymore. I might give them another try once compute shaders are available in Godot 4. But maybe not in Material Maker.
Hmm reddit maybe?
Well, you can import any map using the Image node. Then just connect it to whatever you want. You may have to modify the normal map format using the SwapChannels node depending on how it was generated.
At least it will be possible to split the UI into multiple windows. I'm not sure yet what Vulkan will change. New features will probably be possible with compute shaders.
Porting to Godot 4.0 will also probably be a lot of work so it might take quite some time after Godot 4 is available.
Yes, maybe I should add a "License" section to the doc...
And no, I don't have a preferred format for credits. I'll update the logo in the repository soon (the new logo is already used on Discord/reddit).
Of course you can upload materials. The (bottom of the) first page of the site explains how.
And please don't hesitate to join us on Discord if you have more questions (link in the tool page here on itch.io).
Thanks for reporting this!
You'll find a fixed version of the node here: https://pastebin.com/raw/6ak8CD7w
You can either copy the text from that address and paste it into Material Maker's graph view, or just copy/paste the address (Material Maker will download the fixed node unless your firewall prevents it).
I have no report of BSODs (those are generally caused by drivers or the operating system). It's possible Material Maker triggers a driver problem, and you may want to write down the BSOD information and search for them in Google in case it's a known issue.
In 0.92, space bar on the workspace shows a menu to create nodes. You can move all side panes around or hide them using the View->Panes menu.
If you want to test (and give feedback on) the upcoming 0.93 release, you may want to grab a development build there (just click the most recent action): https://github.com/RodZill4/material-maker/actions
Hi, and thanks for your feedback.
- 3D view control is designed to be able to rotate the camera on all axes (right mouse button for roll axis, left mouse buttons for others) as well as the object (hold shift). Would you swap camera/object (rotate the object by default, hold shift for the camera)?
Actually I'd change lots of stuff in that 3D view (make light sources more obvious and make it possible to create custom environments), but I don't want it to become too complicated.
- Are you talking about that bug that makes it impossible to connect nodes ? It's been there for quite some time, but whenever I decide to go and hunt it, it just refuses to show. Whenever I know exactly what to do to repeat it, fixing it should be easy.
- Could you elaborate on ugly interface? Is that just you don't like colors/fonts/widget shapes, or that you'd expect all nodes be squares with a preview and all parameters in a separate panel? ;)
- I have to agree with the graph zoom one (I never use zoom unless I need it for a screenshot of a complex graph). Fixing this should be easy.
- Hmm I didn't get much feedback about controls for float parameters, could you be more precise? I tried to make them somewhat behave like they do in Blender.
- There are already tesselated meshes to test materials (last 2 meshes), and post-processing effects could be part of a 3D view redesign.
- I already have a full time job. I started Material Maker (2 years ago) for fun with shaders, I'd say that user feedback and awesome materials they show on Reddit motivate me today.
Oh, and I have a question. There was a download spike yesterday and I failed to find out where it came from. Any idea? If there was an awesome video or article somewhere, I'd like to be able to thank the author and read/answer comments/questions. Thanks!
Whatever you create with this tool is yours, and yes you're allowed to use your own assets as you wish (use in commercial projects, sell them...).
I don't plan to create a discord server, but if you want to show or share awesome textures you create, or just ask (or answer) questions about Material Maker, please feel free to join our subreddit.