Yep, same for me unfortunately :(
Recent community posts
I just released The 5 Gentlebones! Play the game for free right now!
The 5 Gentlebones is a goofy and spooky first person game where you have to find and shoot 5 skeletons with pumpkins. Play in a small open world and have fun around the town !
Happy halloween and many thanks !
Okay, this is cryptic, maybe too much. I had to read the description to understand exactly what my objective was and how to understand the clues. These info needs to be in the game somehow. Also, even with that I felt like I still don't really understand. Are the colored arrows really connected to colored aliens?
The idea is nice and could be expanded, but as it is, it feels very complicated and lacked amusement and accomplishment feelings.
Completed day 2 and then stopped here. Just pressed space out of curiosity but wasn't feeling the need to play more. The main issue I have with this game is that it simulates too well a feeling of chores.
Scored 45 on my first try.
It's a cute and short concept, likable but quite repetitive actually, I don't really know what could have been done better. Maybe where you hav to join the pairs together with a bit of physics mixed into it or something like that
Finished the game twice just to be sure about something and here is my honest feedback :
- It's fun ! I like the fast pace, I felt the camera was a bit to hectic at first but felt good while playing it :)
- You must know it already, but this is extremely repetitive, it lacks rooms and even the few existing rooms look alike, there are even a few ones where they pose no challenge at all. Some levels end up generated as a straight line with no danger ! Here is my advice: always start the game with a non-procedural tutorial, where the player would go through a straight line that shows some traps on the sides, so the player gets used to the controls and still gets to see what's waiting for him. Then, get rid of "empty" rooms in your procedural generation.
- It lacks some sound effects, like a noise when passing near close a deadly danger, dying or touching a wall. This is a very arcade and fast-paced game, we loose sensation for not having those !
- The most interesting part of the game is turning rooms, but they are too rare !
- I understand the nature of joining the levels together, but I don't think putting a level after another one is the best take. Again, my advice : still joining the levels together, but in another way, something like merging the rooms together so it makes a totally new room !
So in short, gameplay is good fun and easy to control but level design is a bit underwhelming !
My arachnophobia really kicked in in this one xD
Anyway, it's quite cute and nice. The auto-nav is a really impressive feature but it felt a bit overkill ^^ I guess it's nice to have for people not used to video games or some children :)
Oh wow thanks for the great feedback !
It's a good idea, I think it would be worth experimenting different kind of win/fail conditions, you seem right, it's smart to make losing games not an absolute losing conditions !
Yeah indeed, the KILL hitboxes is where my game is not very good, I also think the DIE minigame is not very polished.
You made it near the end, congrats ! There was only one more minigame with SLAP, where a hand goes left to right and with have to push the up button at the right moment to... slap a butt.
Did you... did you just fuse Tetris and Pacman into a first person shooter? Genius.
The only problem I have is that we get ejected from a room even if some pieces of it stays after a line deletion. But great game !
I'm sorry but it feels very incomplete. Here's my feedback :
- Camera is way too close, we don't get to see far ahead and levels are very hard to read because of that
- Controls are insufficient, the characters are way too fast, jumping is out of control, falling is way too slow
- It's very underwhelming visually too, you still have the default background color !
But it's cute , so hey :)
Fun tiny concept and really cool 3D ! I have to feedback to give:
- The second I started my ball was underwater, it was kinda hard to go back to normal since I hade no experience in the gameplay yet
- It needs some sort of ending, I went to 200 score then got bored. It can simply be a timer, like one minute, so people could compare scores !