The game died?! I guess it's official. I remember playing this demo years ago and really liking it. Randomly felt like looking into it today. It's a shame the game was never finished. >_<
Recent community posts
I remember playing this demo a while ago and really liking it! Just checking in to see how the game is coming along. From what I've read it looks like it'll be out later this year or early next year. Looking forward to it! Much love and wish you all all the best! :)
Just played the demo and I thought it was wonderful! Just really, really nice and cute. It feels just as I think it should and I like the sound design a lot as well. I found 3 doughnuts. :) I'll keep an eye on this one as it develops. Very cool! ^_^
Hey there! Really enjoyed the demo. :) Just thought I'd share a few of my thoughts.
** PROS **
- Great art for both the characters and backgrounds. I really like the look and feel throughout.
- The music, though understated, was also really good.
- The abilities were unconventional, and that's good. It helps to keep things interesting.
- THANK YOU for having controller support 'right out the box'. Love it!
** CONS **
NOTE: I know this is a demo and a lot of this may be addressed in future updates for the full game, just letting you know what I think. :)
- The sound for the jump is distinctly *after* the jump has happened. So, I'd press the 'A' button, the character would be in the air and the sound would happen while the character was airborne (instead of RIGHT when he jumped). I found it distracting.
- When getting upgrades, the game seems to wait for keyboard input, instead of being playable across both keyboard and controller. After I picked up the first upgrade (the DIVE, I belive) the upgrade text just stayed on screen. I pressed every button and nothing happened. I thought the game crashed. Then, I decided to press 'Z' on the keyboard and that made the text go away. So, the game forces you to use the keyboard at every upgrade (instead of just being playable on controller). Just making sure you knew.
- My character also drifted to the left sometimes. To remedy this, a 'deadzone' option (for the analog sticks) would be very much appreciated.
** OVERALL **
- I thought it was really good! I assume more options, a proper menu system and key rebindings are on the way, so I won't make a big deal out of that here. I also lost all my hearts (skulls in top left) and didn't die. The game just kept going -- but I was happy for that since I assume checkpoints haven't been implemented yet. Overall, really good stuff. :)
Thanks for sharing the demo and I look forward to seeing what comes next. Best of luck on Greenlight and have a great one! Cheers! ^_^
- Mike C
Very cool game! I had a lot of fun with it. It's really hard, though. I couldn't get past Stage 6. >_< Maybe I'll play more later. :)
- excellent music (though I didn't see a way to change it. Maybe I have to get further in the game.)
- great, tight control
- clear, clean design. Very cool! :)
- I agree on the hitboxes being a little too big. Sometimes it feels like I barely graze an enemy and I die because of it.
- Maybe it's just me, but pressing down with the left analog stick in the 'Options' and 'Controls' menu doesn't so anything. Pressing up works, but not down. Only the D-Pad works for both up and down.
Overall, I really like it! I look forward to playing more. Cheers! :)