had the same issues, I think there is some secret to it but the one I found most useful is click both mouse buttons simultaneously or alt left click to pan around. and + - on the numpad to zoom
Recent community posts
Any way to change the origin of a sprite in the program? I can set it in the designer when creating the asset and I can getorigin from my sprite after that but I cant set it. there are times when I'd like to use the same sprites for in game as in menu in the game an origin in the centre makes sense, but when I'm in say a selection menu I'd like to be able to left align so an origin of 0,0 is better.
I can get around it by getting the size and offsetting positions, but I was hoping a simple setorigin would be an option.
Is there an easy way to create a copy or clone of an actor with all it's children and properties.
lets say I have an actor that has child actors making up the clothes etc, I hit it and want to create a second version of it independant from the first but with the same set of clothes etc. I've found that while I can say mynewactor = myoldactor and create a new one it is linked to the first, like a reference copy when I want a copy by value. Do I just need to put in a load of work?
Factory 4 is now playable, still a bit choppy on this laptop though, shoppy enough that I feel like I'm being cheated out of the physics going round the chomper bend.
Which leads me to... Are the physics or timing engines a bit fps limited? I ask because on factory 4 where it is a bit choppy I stopped to have some breakfast leaving it in a loop of ship dropping to the floor death. noted that the clock was stopping for a time of death differently each time 2.28, 2.32, 2.24 not a big difference but it just made me question if anything below a smooth 60fps would put the player at more of a disadvantage than just the screen update speed itself?
Switcheroo... so hard! it took about 100 goes and even then the time is 1.29 It was the target of 1.09 when I got to the chain lift switch. of those 100 goes only 3 times have I got through the big plunger.
When you finally fall to the onslaught of pigs, a poorly played and recorded rendition of dualing banjos kicks in as it shows the pig that took you down.... poling... you. I was proud of that bit.
You know nothing jon blow.... *tumbleweed*
System specs of this laptop which seems a good test bed since all is playable except factory4:
AMD A8 3500 + AMD 6620G (one of those dual graphics things) it's more game suited than an average laptop but not some crazy alien type thing that will melt through your legs.
The other pc is an i7 beasty with a proper graphics card (its the vr machine), hopefully irrelevant, if thrunt has performance issues on that then you've got something really wrong in there.
Bugs First, it's pretty solid for an early release but I noted these:
1. Factory 4 seems to have a performance issue, on my okayish laptop every other level ran close enough to 60fps that it played great, factory 4 is unplayable, 2-3 fps at best, I had to quit. which brings me to...
2. Esc doesn't work during the death sequence, you cant bring up the menu to quit or restart when your dead, unfortunately for me on factory 4 running so slow that meant waiting a long time before I could quit!
3. Mouse cursor is visible on full screen, not a big one but nice to hide that cursor.
4. On the menu screen if you're gonna make it so the mouse over selects an option then you need to not have the option the keyboard is on still selected, it's confusing. ie go to level select, the top level is highlighted, now mouse over any other level, now you have two highlighted levels!
1. More thrust! It often frustrates rather than rewards due to the low thrust, you see the bullet that is going to hit way before it does but you have no tools to avoid it. in the same way when going fast a corner appears and even at full thrust there is no way to slow down in time. it means that level become more of a memory game than skilled reaction. perhaps have an option slider for thrust, and get feedback on what players enjoy the most so you know where to go for as a default?
2. The levels don't reset... in a way it's good because a lot of levels are different every time due to this, when you die you respawn but the timing of the fans or the bullets are not reset. the downside is that your careful planning to make perfect sweeping runs work so well is thrown out unless the player goes to restart every time... wait I didn't suggest anything... okay have an option to reset levels on death so the player has the choice.
3. Man those f1 tracks are dull, I like the idea of tracks but they are long! and along with the thrust issue, when going down (gravity assist) stopping in time means knowing when the corner is there rather than seeing it in time, maybe it just needs to zoom out a little more?
Looking nice for an initial release though, it's frustrating, but still fun.
is this where I add swearing? I don't swear... err.... Bum.